Chapter 3

(I am thinking of the style of the restaurant is something like the image above but in The Hazbin Hotel style. But it's okay to image your own style of restaurant if you want. Also, I made up the name of the restaurant cuz I wasn't sure what type of restaurants they have.)

They arrived at the restaurant called 'The Nightingale'. Velvet gasped in amazement as she took a few pictures of the restaurant and selfies as Vox and Valentino were just as amazed as she is. As they walked up to the front desk, the waiter kindly took them to their desired table.

"The waitress will be be here to take your orders in a few minutes." the waiter said as he gave them them each the food menu. "And if you need anything else, just let the waitress know. Enjoy!"

As the waiter left, Vox watched as he saw the waiter going back to the front desk and saw two unusual demons that he never seen. A male green snake demon and a female purple/pink succubus coming inside the restaurant. Vox quickly turned away when he saw that they were staring at him after they talked to the waiter and guided them to their desired spot. 

"Voxy, what were you staring at?"

Vox shook his a bit and smiled. "Nothing Velvet, just being curious is all. Looking around this place. I mean, this place is actually not bad."

"I know right! I bet that the food might even taste better!"

"Or just the same as we usually eat." Groaned Valentino as he patted her back. "But before we can judge about the food, how about we look and see what to order shell we?"

Velvet and Vox nodded and looked over their own menu's. But Vox can't help but feel something is not right and that something is going to happen. Especially, with those two demons that just got here and the way their staring at him made him feel very uncomfortable but something else that he should never have or feel... fear, afraid, and... anger and he isn't sure why he feels these things.

A few minutes later, the waitress came over to their table and asked, "Hello and welcome to The Nightingale. What can I get for you guys?"

"I have some fries and a burger!"

Velvet's 'little' outburst made the waitress and her overlord friends jump a little.

"Uh, okay. And for you Mr. Valentino?"

"I'll have the same as Velvet here." said Valentino with a tight smile as he kicked Velvet's foot a bit hard. She jumped and gave him a light glare.

"And I'll just have some spaghetti." said Vox, trying to break the 'glaring fight'.

The waitress nodded as she wrote everything down.

"Alright! Everything will be ready in a couple of minutes!"

With that, the waitress left to get more orders from the other customers.

"So, Vox how is Emika been doing? Especially when you told her that Angel Cakes is no longer going over there to babysit anymore."

"Well," Vox rubs behind his tv-head. "She's doing fine but she has taken it a bit hard when I told her about Angel no longer coming over anymore." 

"But I'm sure that it wasn't his fault. He didn't know that Alastor's shadow was following him."

Vox sighed, "I know Velvet," then he growled, "But it's just that his shadow scared her! She even had a few nightmares after that!"

Valentino placed a hand on his shoulder as he asked, "Does she still-"

"No. I would stay by her bed holding her hand or holding her close to me to calm her down. And to let her know that I am there and here."

Valentino sighed is relief.