Chapter 1: A Fresh New Start

Author's POV:
Present-day
Friday, 1st, September.
3:00 P.M ⌚

The big family of five is now in the United Kingdom starting a business as a café place that has been doing pretty successfully during the years they've worked building the reputation of the café. Zhongli still works at his previous job switching locations in the main company building to compensate for not wanting to be away from his family.

Childe is the manager backer of the café which was his idea from the start, only hiring good-looking employees for "fan service" and bringing young youthful customers that'll come back for more.

It's soon the start of the semester for many young students, which means new hires. Childe has put out an announcement on their online social media of new hires and had been busy organizing the applications, times, and stuff that confused him to the max.

"*sigh* this is stressing me out," Childe said leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes as his eyes hurt a lot that he doesn't want to go on anymore.

"Oh t, that's so sad. Wish I could help but that's not in my job description." Venti said with a sly voice that pissed Childe off.

"You-"

"Not now kids, it's too late in the afternoon to be bickering right now," Diona said with a high-pitchedched voice as she walked into the office. "We are getting new hires right? It isn't like we're going bankrupt, not that I know of but! It just wants today to go smoothly." She said glaring at Venti then went back to smiling at Childe which gave him the creeps and he's her boss.

"I don't know who you're calling kid when you're 4'9 and could barely reach the working station."

"Now you're going too far!" Diona stomped her feet and then pouted. Childe almost burst out laughing but held his mouth trying to suppress it.

"Gosh Diona no need to throw a tantrum. We're all adults here so I wish we finish our lunch break before Mona kills us." Venti said getting out of his chair and quickly going to the door but it was too late.

A woman with a uniform that fit tightly around the waist and thighs burst open the door jumping at each one of them into the room. Venti's eyes widen at the furious woman that's in front of him.

"I thought your break was over ten minutes ago! Why do I always have to be late on my break because you guys don't know how to manage your time professionally! Ugh! I'm so done with you too.." She said the last part quickly as she rubbed her temple and her hands on her hips in the doorway.

"Haha...yeah yeah I get it I'm going off break down. Diona! Come along before you start a fight like last time." Venti said doing a hand movement towards the door as Mona go towards the table Venti was sitting at.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" She said as she ran to the door following Venti outside.

Childe chuckled at the fun and clash that happens almost every day in the little café that he loves with his heart.

Childe focused again on getting back at this work with the new hires. They'll be coming in at around four in the afternoon so he's going to get ready until then.