chapter 5

just about the girl i learned to be alexis in front of me was about to swing, a guard came in and dragged me out of the room. alexis snarled and mouthed "we'll finish this later"

as much as i was glad to be out of that cell, i probably would've won the fight. winning fights is something that gives me pride, it's something i know how to do, and something that i know how to do well.

i had no clue where i was going, so i just cluelessly follow the guard like a lost dog. as we were passing rooms, cells and labs, i heard a scream. it wasn't a high pitched scream of a little girl, it was one i have never heard before. i assumed it was a man's scream, as it was low and forceful.

he sounded like he was in pain and you could hear the force through his teeth, so i guessed he was trying not to scream by gritting his teeth. that's one of the only things the red room gives you, good analyzing skills.

as we passed the room, there was a small window on the door so i peeked through. i was correct, there was a man with brown hair strapped into a chair, with a mouth guard in his mouth, his muscles tensing up as i could see something was being injected into his bloodstream.

i walked past the room like i had seen nothing, but for the rest of the walk to wherever i was going, it's all i thought about. he seemed to have bright blue eyes and had a bit of a beard.

as i was so out of thought, i didn't realise we were in a room with 4 other people. one of which being zemo from earlier, 2 scientists, and the guard who led me here.

i was dragged onto a chair, similar to the one the man was in. i felt my arms and legs being restrained to the sides of the chair, and something was placed over my head. it was cold and heavy.

i heard one of the scientists announce "идти (go)". i wondered what he meant before i felt a surge of pain course through me. it was nothing like i've ever felt before, sure i'd been through a lot of pain in my life, but nothing compared to this. the only thing near it was when i lost my mother.

after what seemed like an eternity, the pain stopped. i looked down at my body to see my veins bright purple. i'm not sure if that was a part of the process of whatever they are doing, but it sure worked.

just as i thought it was over, the pain began again. it was exactly the same as before. 'when will this be over' i thought. the pain stopped again, but it didn't stop me from having a rest for a couple of seconds before they started it again.

this happened around 7 more times before they finally decided they had enough of me. though i was passed out, they brought me back to my cell and dumped me on the floor.

i woke up to being towered by the 3 girls i had to share a cell with. i was weak, i couldn't stand up for more than 3 seconds before collapsing.

"look she really is fragile" one of the blonde ones, florence, pointed out. i looked up at them and they walked away, sitting on alexis' bed chatting to each other.

i found enough energy to crawl to my bunk and slowly make my way up the ladder. i was out of breath and felt like i was going to pass out.

that was before i heard noises from a cell a few doors down. even though i was too weak to see what it was, i guessed it was someone fighting to get away from the guards.

a few hours later the cell door opened and four trays of food was left on the floor. the 3 girls picked up their trays and sat on the floor eating it in a little circle, whilst i couldn't build up the strength to go and get it. "aww is the little one over there not strong enough to go and get her food?" beth, the other blonde one, said. she gave me a pouty face before they all started laughing.

for the rest of the evening i was lying on my bed, flat on my back just thinking about life. it was boring but let's be honest, what else do i have that i can do?

hours had passed before i started thinking about that man in the lab again. he seemed pretty new due to his muscly build and smooth, tanned skin. mine on the other hand was pale, dry and malnourished.

that was alexis spoke up "hey you, you wanna play truth or dare with us?" she asked me. i said yes cause i had nothing better to do and slowly made my way down to the floor. alexis and florence made some space for me so that i could sit down, and we were all in a small circle.

"so idiot, truth or dare?" beth asked.