chapter 25

i woke up to the golden tone of the sun blinding my view, inevitably waking me up. however, i couldn't move. i looked over to my left and saw a pair of arms wrapped around me, holding me tight. it was nat.

last night we both decided to sleep in my room, well more like we were watching movies and ended up falling asleep, but we'll let it slide.

i delicately unwrapped her arms from me and got out of bed, making sure not to wake her up. i tiptoed to the bathroom in order to not make a sound and closed the door.

after closing the door, i went over to the sink to brush my teeth. i took the toothpaste and put a small quantity onto my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. i spat out the toothpaste and cleaned my mouth before opening the cabinet to get some skincare i found in there a couple days ago.

as i was reaching for one of the bottles at the back, i knocked over one at the front which just so happened to be glass.

smash.

i looked down and saw pieces of glass everywhere with a clear liquid slowly submerging it. i panicked and stood there with my eyes wide.

what do i do, what do i do. they're going to kill me

due to being zoned out overthinking everything, i didn't hear the door open. i heard a footstep and turned around with a terrified look on my face.

"i'm sorry i didn't mean to do it please don't hurt me" i said, terrified of what she would do. i started breathing heavily and kept exchanging looks from nat to the bottle on the counter.

"athena it's okay i promise, breathe" she came closer to me and i stepped away, scared. "i'm not going to hurt you" and with that she rubbed both my arms up and down. that was when i noticed a red stain on my arm, i had cut myself on the glass.

she saw me looking at it and said, "hey we can clean that up in a minute, but for now we want to focus on breathing" i was grateful for how she was talking to me and i wish i had her my whole life.

i started to feel a little dizzy and lightheaded from the hyperventilating so i sat down, bringing my mother with me.

i leaned against the cabinet with her in front of me, feeling bad she has to deal with me like this.

she puts my hand on her chest and looks at me. "copy my breathing дорогой (sweetheart)" i started copying the rise and fall of her chest and i began to feel my head coming back to normal.

after we got my breathing steady we sat there for a few minutes, her sat next to me with my head on her shoulder, eyes closed. it was comforting.

i'm happy i have my mother back because i don't know what i would do without her, i feel myself slipping more and more every day and i'm not sure i can do it on my own.

"do you want to clean this up now?" she asks, pointing to the cut on my arm. i nod and we both stand up. she gets the first aid kit out my cabinet and picks me up by my armpits and sits me on the counter, making me laugh.

she takes out an anti bacterial wipe and puts it onto my skin. i hiss in pain and she just kisses my forehead, telling me it will be okay.

she wraps it up in a gauze and pulls me down from the counter, bringing me into a warm hug.

"thank you" i tell her genuinely. "anything for my baby" she replies, making me hug her tighter.

we exit the bathroom and decide to go downstairs after cleaning up the glass that had scattered everywhere. we found wanda, sam, clint and yelena in the living room. i ran up to yelena, giving her the biggest hug.

"where have you been?" i ask her with a smile on my face.

"fury let me come and live here so now you're stuck with me" she replied. nat comes up to her and gives her a hug too.

"glad to see you in one piece" she says to yelena, to which she rolls her eyes. "look at you, you're barely in one piece"

i laugh at her childishness.

yelena looks between natasha and me for a few seconds until nat breaks the silence, "we found out, and it wouldn't have been without the necklace because we were both too blind to see anything else"

yelena looked at me as if to say really, i just shrugged.

she starts smiling and brings us both in for a hug, "i'm so happy for you both, now we can all be an awkward assassin family together" she said way too happily for my liking.

me and nat look at each other before bursting out laughing, which once again causes yelena to roll her eyes and say to wanda, "they're both so strange, what have you people done to them" which causes her to laugh too.