chapter 23

i didn't sleep for the rest of the night. i couldn't sleep, instead i stared at the ceiling and thought about how crazy my life was.

by the time it reached 5:30am, i went downstairs to get breakfast.

i got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen. i forgot to charge my phone last night so i put it on charge down here instead. i opened up the fridge to see what there was when i realized how i don't even live here so i felt bad for taking things. due to this, i decided against breakfast and headed to the training room instead.

i set up the treadmill and decided to train my running. why? i don't even know, but i did it anyways, it can't hurt.

after running for about an hour and a half i was losing my breath and stopped. i picked up the towel next to my water bottle on the bench and wiped my forehead. i was profusely sweating so i decided to sit down.

i threw my head back against the wall in hopes to get air into my lungs which miraculously worked.

i decided to get up after a few minutes and went out into the kitchen where my phone was charging. it was on 92%, good enough. i pulled it off the charger and sat down on a bar stool.

i was on the app store, tony told me it was 'where the magic happens' whatever that's supposed to mean. i clicked on an icon that stood out to me and saw the name beside it.

tiktok

i looked at the reviews and decided to download it.

surprisingly it only took around thirty seconds to download which i was quite shocked with, but nevertheless i opened the app and made an account.

i decided to just use my name and it was available so i took it.

after i made my account i went onto a button at the bottom of the screen that looked like a house. it came up with videos so i decided to watch them. they were quite boring and i didn't understand most of them, so i decided to search something up.

i couldn't think of anything to search up except the avengers, so that's what i did.

immediately i saw what seemed to be edits of the people who i happened to be basically sharing a house with at this point.

i was interrupted by footsteps approaching and my name being called by a certain redhead.

"hey wanda" i smiled.

"hi athena, what are you doing? you look a bit sweaty" she replied, scrunching her nose at the fact that i was practically dripping with sweat.

"i downloaded an app called tiktok and decided to search up you guys cause i don't really know anything else, also i was just training so that's why i'm sweaty" i told her.

"this early in the morning?" she raised her eyebrow skeptically, "okay, well just to let you know social media gets pretty dark and cruel so try not to look at the comments or anything" she said, ruffling my hair.

i nodded, and she went around the bar to make breakfast.

i kept scrolling, seeing a variety of videos. edits, updates, news articles, people ranking them. i just thought about how weird that was. i shrugged and moved on.

that was when i came across a video that about nat.

the video itself was fine, just being a cool edit of her with her guns, but i decided to go onto the comments.

it was saying how powerless she was and how the avengers didn't need her. there was also one that said they only let her on the team because she was hot. i started to feel uncomfortable so i went off the app and put my phone flat on the table.

my leg started bouncing as my head started spiraling about how annoying people are and i don't even know them.

i got up and went to my room, leaving my phone there.

on the way to my room, i bumped into someone.

i looked up and saw nat. what coincidence. 

"sorry, i should've been looking. where are you going?" she said, trying to defend herself.

"no it's okay, i was looking at the floor it was my fault. i'm just going to my room to have a shower, what about you?"

"nothing much, just going to the kitchen to eat something" she said before we said bye and parted ways.

i got to my room and sat on my bed, thinking.

there is something about natasha that i feel like i should know but i can't put my tongue on it. i feel like i know her, but i don't know how, and i'm going to get to the bottom of it.

a/n

hey guys, sorry i haven't posted recently i've been so so busy but i'm going to try and post some more. i'm going to try and speed this up now because you're all probably getting bored and tbh so am i, i just wanna get to the plot bro.

i hope you all had a nice halloween!!