chapter 8

two weeks later, i found myself in a routine.

at 6:30 in the morning, guards would come into the cells and wake us up. we would get breakfast which usually consisted of a piece of bread and milk. then at around 10:00, they would come in and take me to the lab for experiments. then i would be let free and i had until 5:15 when training started. it was usually only me and few other people, since not many people here had powers. then at 7:30, it was dinner, which we had rice and peas, maybe sometimes some meat if we did exceptionally well that day. then light out was at 10:00 sharp, no one could talk at all or you would get taken away and probably tortured, i haven't figured that part out yet.

during training today, there was some other people, teaching us combat skills. this, i was excited for, as i was good at combat fighting thanks to the red room. there was some older people that came in to teach us. a few girls but mainly men. i recognized one or two of the girls from the red room, but also one man. the man that i had seen around the facility many times.

we had to get into partners, so the man came to me. i didn't know why, it's not like we even knew each other, but i wasn't going to complain.

"james, my friends call me bucky" he held his hand out for me to shake.

"athena" i shook his hand and gave him a small smile. he seemed kind, but i don't let people in easily.

after 30 minutes of him teaching me stuff, of which i already knew most of, he started talking to me. "im gonna get you out of here alright? i have some friends who do this stuff" he said. i looked up at him, with vulnerability in my eyes.i didn't believe him. "you can trust me" that was it, i believed him. i don't know why, but there was something about him that made me want to.

we spent the rest of the session discussing his plan to get out, and i followed along. it basically involved: people coming to get him, the alarms going off, stay calm, people coming to get me out of my cell, escaping, flying somewhere

sounded like a pretty shit plan but i'll go along with it.

after our training, we got sent back to our cells, and as usual i sat leaning against the wall doing nothing. it kind of hurt watching the other girls talk and laugh without me but i've never really had any friends so i'm used to it.

alexis got taken away, probably training or something, i'm not sure. the other two, beth and florence, were left chatting on the floor. meanwhile, i was thinking about if that plan bucky was talking about was actually going to happen or not. it probably wasn't, expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed.

a couple hours later, i got taken down for more tests, however, i did not expect what i saw in the room.

a/n i'm so sorry this chapter is so short, i didn't really have anything else to put, but the next one is gonna be super long

i also went to hslot last wednesday and omg i will never recover it was so good, BUT FRIDAY WON BRO THEY GOT MEDICINE, BOYFRIENDS, AND LOML.

anyways moving on sorry i haven't updated in ages