chapter 17

i sat and waited for instructions, not knowing what to do. i felt like i wasn't meant to be here and honestly, i wasn't.

i had already studied the contents of my file at least five times and nothing changed, each time it only had the mission details in it, which were very vague.

rescue hostages, do not engage on dreykov unless attacked.

is what it read. we didn't have anything to get rid of the mind control but however, since i was part of the program, i had figured out ways to get out of it. if you closed your eyes and thought of your favourite smell, it helps bring back memories. not that i had much, but nice ones of the red room, like the night i got my necklace.

the rest of the team already know this as i told them how to undo the mind control around ten minutes prior, now we were just waiting for the descent.

at one point nat came up to me and tried to spark a conversation with me but failed as my nerves were going through the roof with the thought of going back to the red room.

i was usually good at hiding my emotions but right now, i feel like i have no control over them. it's quite scary actually. ever since i was born i came up with my own ways of calming myself down and cheering myself up, they've always worked up until now.

my head perked up at the sight of the jet feeling like it was falling. suddenly, the jet tilted towards the left, making everyone go flying. since me and thor were both on the right side of the jet, we both got the worst of the fall. i fell and hit the other set of chairs before falling straight onto wanda causing her to yelp. my head was a bit blown and i tried to stand up but the jet was still tilted.

we all heard clint yell from the pilot seat "the left engine has been detonated"in a panicking tone.

we all continued to fly around the jet and hold onto each other for dear life as the jet quickly descended back to earth.

the jet hit the ground with a thud causing all of us to groan in pain due to hitting our heads on the ground.

i got up and quickly shook it off, even though i felt a sharp pain in my right abdomen. i looked down to see a gash of blood there but nothing serious, nothing i couldn't deal with.

everyone else got up before checking each other. luckily there was no serious injuries except for a few cuts and bruises here and there.

natasha came running over to me when she saw my side was bleeding, "athena you're bleeding" she said, like i didn't already know. "i know, it doesn't hurt much though it'll be fine" i replied.

she looked at me as if to say you're getting that checked out later, which was fine with me.

we all walked out of the now pretty much demolished quinjet, and looked around. we were in the middle of nowhere, with nothing around us but a road.

"well does anyone have any ideas?" tony suddenly said.

i had a sense that this was one of the roads from when i got transferred from the red room to hydra as i remember there being a really long road with no curves or stops. this seemed to be it.

"i might" i looked at him and the team.

-

we have been walking for around 30 minutes now, and no one knows where they are going except for me.

i had to retrace the drive that i had been part of a couple months ago but it was no big deal. it really was worth memorizing the route then huh.

i was stood at the front of the team leading the way as everyone followed behind. i turned a right and saw a forest up ahead of us. i knew we where close so i assumed that this was where the base was. quite smart if i'm being honest.