chapter 10

*2 months later*

i heard the sound of alams blaring through the hallway of cells. everybody was pulled up against the bars, waiting for somebody to come in and rescue them.

however, i was sat at the back of my cell, staring at the floor with my hands over my ears. it was so loud i thought i was going to explode.

ever since the day me and bucky defeated the agents in that room, i have found myself with powers. bright purple powers.

i figured out i could move things with my mind, and with the help of trainers and bucky, i learned to control them. however, there were also some not so good sides to my powers. first of all, my heightened senses.

everything was clearer, everything smelled stronger, everything felt more real, everything tasted stronger, but most of all, everything became louder.

my thoughts, the good and bad ones, the ones that thought i would never get out of here and this was my life and there was nothing i could do about it, the ones that thought i was never enough and i needed to try harder, but also the ones that thought i would get out of here one day and have the most amazing family ever.

i could also hear other people's thoughts, and depending on the severity of them, depended on the tone. sometimes i would here screams from people on the other side of the building, when no one else could.

hearing these alarms made my ears feel like they were bleeding, so i sat as far away from them as i could using everything to try and stop the pain, but it was too much, even some of the younger children had their hands over their ears because it was so loud.

every time someone saw a person walk through the hallway, well more like run, everybody would stare at them and beg for them to help them. but that was only some people. the other people, the helpless ones, accepted their fate. they realised a long time ago that they were never getting out of here.

i was unfortunately one of those people. i have never known anything but experiments, no loving family, no 'ugh i hate school', just experiments and training.

that was until i heard the sound of guns getting closer and closer to the girls section of the base.

my ears perked up but also at the same time, i was squinting in pain and holding my ears even tighter than before.

people started to get up and bang on their cells screaming for people to help them. it was all too much and i started to get dizzy.

i slowly stood up to try and get a blanket to put around my head, but that was before i heard footsteps.

i heard somebody screaming someone's name. damn they must be lucky.

the person got closer to my cell and i could faintly make out the name they were calling.

"athena"  i suddenly looked up and realised it was bucky. he really hadn't forgotten about the plan. i quickly took the blanket off my ears and ran up to the front of the cell. "bucky" i called out weakly.

he ran up to me and unlocked the door. the rest of the girls, alexis, beth and florence ran up to bucky. he quickly shoved them off and ran up to me before embracing me in a bone crushing hug.

"you're going to take her and not us?" alexis said. bucky just ignored her and led me out of the cell running through corridors.

my ears were screaming and i could hear nothing but ringing at this point.

guards ran out of a nearby labatory and started to attack me and bucky so i knew i had to push aside the pain for a few minutes.

three of the guards were attacking me whilst bucky only had two on him.

i easily knocked out one of the guards, but the other two seemed to be enhanced of some sort.

i slowly led the fight into the lab and picked up a metal bar or some sort with my powers using my right hand whilst punching and kicking the guards with my left hand and feet. i swung the bar into one of the guards heads and he collapsed. not hard huh.

the other guard seemed to have the same powers as me and that was when i realised, he was the one who threw that liquid at me in the laboratory that day.

i guessed that he had the same powers as me, so i had to think this smart. he punched my jaw and i stumbled back, preparing myself. he ran up to me and used my own technique against me, swiping my legs so i ended up on the floor. i felt blood running down my face and my rib was piercing into my skin, but i couldn't let that distract me.

he was now sitting on my stomach, knees either side of me with his hands around my throat. i was struggling to get air into my lungs and trying to rip his hands off my throat. i was about to pass out when bucky came running in to help me.

the guard didn't see him so bucky sneeked up on him and hit him hard in the head with his metal arm which knocked him out stone cold.

as soon as i felt his hands off me, i gasped. i felt like i had never breathed proper oxygen before and it felt so relieving.

i sat up for a second before bucky quickly asked if i was okay, to which i nodded. we knew we had to act quickly so we got up and ran out the room.

we ran through corridors after corridors until we passed the laboratory i was first brought into when i first arrived here.

i stopped for a second, all the memories coursing through my brain, before bucky quickly pulled me away, pulling me out of my trance. we kept running for what felt like years until my body finally almost gave up.

i was running out of breath, and bucky could notice this. "just another minute кукла, its okay" he told me.

this was enough for me to keep going.

i was starting to lose hope until i saw a beam of light. i smiled, knowing i haven't seen light in years.

we ran up to the exit, to where there were other people fighting agents. me and bucky ran up to help them.

i didn't recognise any of them, and they were all wearing bright coloured suits.

there was someone who seemed to be in a red and gold iron suit, a woman in a red leather suit with powers similar to mine, another woman in a black leather suit, and a person in a red white and blue suit with a... weird looking shield...?

it was all very strange for me but i pushed past it and helped them fight agents. i assumed they were bucky's friends so i didn't question it.

it wasn't long before we all took out all the agents and bucky came up to me and hugged me. i placed my head into the crook of his neck and i could see the people behind him looking at me questionably.

as they all started piling onto the big jet behind us, bucky followed. i stood there, not knowing if i was invited on or not.

"you coming or not кукла?" he said with his eyebrow raised.

i walked up to him and we sat down next to each other.

look at me, two updates back to back

it'll only get better from here;)