~~Chapter 13: The Sports Festival begins!~~

It was time.

The chattering of the crowd could be heard from where we—Aizawa, Hizashi, Gon and I—stood near the student entrance. And there were still 45 minutes until the competition would begin. So yeah, the masses were excited.

"Are they really this excited to see us?" Gon questioned to himself as we got closer to the huge arena, which could easily be seen in the distance. The honking of cars filled the air around the arena as people were trying their best to get to the enormous parking spaces around. As we were reaching the arena, more and more heroes, known and unknown, were patrolling the area as security.

Stalls were built all around the arena, selling food and merchandise. Civilians and heroes alike were walking around, buying food and popcorn for the events to come. This was, after all, the most important event in Japan. And no one wanted to miss it.

After pushing through the crowds, we finally made it to the entrance for faculty and the students.

Luckily the entrance wasn't nearly as crowded, with security guards blocking the media. Only a few students and even fewer students were in the area near that entrance, and we easily made our way inside.

"Shouta and I will be announcing, though I will most likely do most of the announcing. You can come up to the announcer's booth any time you want, but you should leave your stuff with in the locker room just like the other students. Each class also has a dedicated waiting room you can access at any time, so you won't have to worry about that. Now, you should get going, the event starts in half an hour!" Hizashi instructed quite loudly, attracting the attention of other students, but we remained unbothered.

Instead of answering verbally, I gave a nod and dragged Gon away to the waiting room. Before long, the sign marking our waiting room came into sight and so did Glasses, who immediately dashed toward us.

"Gon! Killua! I see you are also early here, it is great for students of UA to be at least thirty minutes early for events such as this!"

"Of course we're early, Iida! I'm really excited for this, it's not every day you get to fight your friends!" Gon answered in my stead, thankfully, since I still don't know their names.

I gave another nod, I seem to do that a lot, before dragging Gon into the empty waiting room. We had already changed into our Gym uniforms, and this would probably be the only time I will actually wear those hideous things. I'd rather wear these clothes instead of being practically harassed by the media.

"You know their names?" I asked once we sat down at one of the many tables placed around the room.

"Yeah! Wait, do you not know their names?" Gon's face took on a slightly shocked expression as he asked this.

"...No?" It honestly came out as more of a question than an actual answer.

"Why would you not remember their names?! They're our classmates, do you not interact with anyone at all when I'm not there?!" Gon lightly slapped the back of my head with each of his words, punctuating the meaning behind them.

"I didn't really expect to stay here very long! What's the point in remembering them if we would leave anyways?"

"The point is to interact with people and have fun! You need to find friends other than me, you know? Even if it's temporary, it's always good to know more people!"

"I already have Kurapika and even the old man Leorio! I don't need any more friends than that!"

"Yes you do! Social interaction is good for you." Gon paused for a bit, clearly thinking. "That's it, I'm getting you to interact with our classmates" And with that he pulled me up and led me to a small group of people that I hadn't even noticed entered the room. I tried to grab the leg of the table with both arm and tail, but alas, I was forced to interact with other human beings.