~~Chapter 9: Unforeseen Simulation Joint~~

Have you ever had this feeling of dread before a test? That was exactly what Killua was feeling, but far worse. And if anything, Killua knew to trust his gut instincts.

The streets were far too silent the night before night. No criminals were lurking about. It made him anxious. Even quiet nights had some activity. But there were absolutely no crimes. Aizawa must have noticed too, as he looked especially tired in the morning.

"Something's up" was all Killua said whilst the trio was driving to school.

Hizashi looked a bit confused, but Aizawa just gave a tired nod. He understood.

He kept this in mind throughout the entire school day.

Through Math, through English, through literature. Throughout the entire morning he was distracted by this deep pit in his gut. Something was going to happen, and it would be soon. He couldn't tell what it was, but something just felt off.

After lunch, which was eaten very quickly, Killua immediately made his way back to the classroom.

The yellow caterpillar already lay in the corner of the room, seemingly sleeping. But Killua knew better. Aizawa was as attentive as always, if not even more so. It didn't take too long for the rest of the classroom to fill up with students once more, the loud chatter filling the room. Surprisingly,the Broccoli™seemed just as put off as him, not really talking to his usual group and constantlyglancing around.

The bell rang 5 minutes later, signaling the start of afternoon classes, and the caterpillar rose to its full height, shutting up the class. The large sleeping bag was unzipped by Aizawa, who quickly folded it after setting foot on the classroom floor, teleporting it to a pocket-dimension. At least, that's what it looked like. No one will ever know where his sleeping bag goes. For no one but him knows of the sacred sleeping techniques.

"For today's hero basics training, it's been turned into a class supervised by three instructors. All Might, myself and another hero will be watching over you for the duration of the lesson" Aizawa said, already looking as dead inside as ever.

"Excuse me! What will we be doing?" The guy with weird elbows asked, raising his hand but not waiting to be called upon. Why would you even raise your hand in the first place? What's the point if you're just going to speak regardless?

Aizawa pulled a card with 'RESCUE' written on it from somewhere. Honestly, Killua didn't even want to know where he kept his stuff at this point. "Disasters, shipwrecks and everything in between. Today, we'll be doing rescue training."

The class erupted into excited murmurs about how they would do.

"My arms are ready to rumble!" A redhead shouted from a few desks away from the white haired boy.

"Nobody can beat me in water, ribbit" Another student said from next to him. And was that a croak?

"I'm not done" The class immediately shut up at their teacher's call. After a second of him staring at everyone, he continued. "You can decide if you want to wear your costumes or not this time. There are currently costumes that limit your abilities as well. The training will take place in a facility off-campus, so we'll be taking a bus there. That's all. Get ready." And with that, he turned towards the door and left.

Killua left immediately after, many students clearly having forgotten he was even there to begin with as he appeared in their field of vision. The room was filled with the screeching of chairs being pushed back, which grated at the boy's ears, but he was already making his way outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chilly air raked through his hair, the pit in his stomach not letting up. Something was seriously wrong, and Aizawa clearly thought so too.