~~Chapter 19: Developments~~

A/N: This chapter is written in the third-person as a form of test for me to see how that works! Please give me feedback on it so I can improve! Check the end notes for more.

In a damp and constantly moving room, two figures stood in front of a small girl.

"We know he's going to be there to auction of what he managed to get. The auction of the items begins in 10 minutes. The auction itself should take about 10 minutes per item, and since he only got the card and you still have the jewel, he should be able to collect the money and get out of there 15 minutes after his item was auctioned. So he will be out and on his way in about 35 minutes. From there on we should pretty easily be able to follow him and confront him." One of the men said in the dark room.

"It's a really shoddy plan, but it'll have to do. Remember, we can't mess this up if we want to find them. We searched far and wide, he's the only one that could possibly know where they are" The girl spoke up, getting up from where she was seated on a crate.

The door to the room opened, letting in a small amount of light as the captain of the ship they travelled in slipped his head inside. "We've almost made it to port. We'll be there in less than five minutes"

"Thanks for informing us. I'll send your payment before tomorrow ends." The captain simply nodded before heading back into the hallway outside of the room.

"How's the situation with the ants going?" The other man, still standing in the shadows, asked of the girl.

"They sent in some big guys to deal with it. They even asked me to join, but they didn't expect me to. They know what I'm doing at the moment, after all. Let's get going" She got up and walked toward the door, the others following after her quickly, also stepping into the light of the lamps hanging above their heads. The only sound filling the halls as they walked were their footsteps and the crashing of waves against the ship.

Once the ship docked, which they noticed because it shook the vessel's body a bit, they started walking faster. After all, they had two friends to find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There he is" They were leaning against the wall of an alleyway, watching the back entrance of what seemed to be an ordinary building. In reality, however, it is anything but. No, this was an underground auction. An auction where extremely expensive items are sold. And out of the back entrance of this building walked their target, oblivious to their presence.

He walked with a certain confidence, whistling a tune under his breath as they followed in.

That was until he made his first mistake.

He turned into a deserted alleyway.

Shortly after, he made his second mistake.

He didn't notice three people entering after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"W-What do you want from me?!" A man was cornered against the wall by three people, not able to see them in the weird lighting, being the only one not in the shade.

"We just want to have a talk" He really didn't expect a little girl to step out after hearing those words, especially when this was obviously going to be anything but a pleasant talk.

"And it'd be best to answer truthfully" Another person walked into the light. They were really tall, dressed in a suit and carrying a red and black suitcase. The glasses on their nose reflected the light in such a way to not allow their eyes to be seen.

"Because otherwise, this could get really painful for you" The last person stepped into the light. They were wearing a blue tabard with golden patterns. Their eyes flashed a brilliant red for a second before returning to their previous color.