~~Chapter 8: A storm's shadow~~

"Did you find any leads as to where he is?"

The room was silent except for the silent clacking of the keys on a keyboard being pressed in rapid succession.

"He was apparently seen by a few heroes all around Musutafu last night, but no one was able get more than a glimpse of him, even though he wasn't running. It was as though he wasn't even there, as soon as they looked again he was gone."

'Using Zetzu to not be caught'

"Where was he seen the most? That might narrow it down at least a little bit"

"He wasn't seen often, but he was seen near the centre of the city the most. It makes sense, that's where the most heroes patrol, so it won't help to narrow down the area since the likelihood of him being seen is higher. No cameras have been able to get a glimpse of him as he seems to specifically avoid those."

'Of course he'd be able to avoid any cameras, they're a lot more predictable than actual humans, after all.'

"All right, notify me if he's sighted again"

And with that, Killua left the room.

Afternoon classes were already over, and they were quite boring, too.

Killua had left the room as soon as the bell rang, the others coming together to discuss the training exercise.

He could easily hear them even as he was walking away. Well, advanced hearing has that effect, but still.

Killua had planned to spend the day both searching for Gon, but also searching for information. Whilst he wouldn't find a lot of information about Gon's whereabouts, he'd need to search for more information regarding this universe and a way back to their own world sooner or later anyways.

Letting Nezu take care of it all would be stupid since he had no clue how authentic the chimera's information was or where he got it from. To say it in other words, it would better to rely on himself and Gon rather than these people he barely knew. It's common sense, really.

So, as he was leaving the school—or rather on his way outside—he couldn't really ignore two of his classmates loudly talking about something not intended for others to hear in a very public place. If you look at it this way, it was their own fault that he was able to eavesdrop like that.

"My Quirk is something I received from someone else" The bush™ was loudly speaking in front of the school where everyone could easily hear and watch them. All he got from Boom Boom boy was a small grunt.

"I can't say who I got it from, though! I won't say... But it's like a story out of comic books, except it's true. And on top of that, I can't even properly control it yet. It's just a borrowed power that I haven't made my own yet. This is why I tried to beat you without it! But in the end, I couldn't do it and still had to rely on it. I still have a long way to go, but that's why I'm going to make this power my own! And one day, I will beat you with my own strength!"

Silence followed.

'How much of an idiot do you have to be? You just discussed the secret of your power in a very public place, with your biggest rival! Connecting these dots is like calculating 3+6! It's the second day of school and I already know his and the buff oaf's biggest secret! They are shit at hiding it, too! It's so obvious!'

Killua was honestly dumbfounded at the idiocy being displayed to him here. He wasn't even trying to find out about this! He found out about this huge—although badly kept and guarded—secret completely on accident! What if someone was actually trying to find out?! It would be so easy!