~~Chapter 17: Finale~~

"GO!" Her whip snapped downward.

The cheering of the crowd returned as we both charged at each other, before instantly muting itself as we actually got close to one another.

The skidding of shoes was heard as we both came to a stop right in front of one another. He moved his arms apart, I did the same, and we...

Hugged.

"Good luck"

"Good luck"

There was some confused cheering, and Midnight seemed to want to interject, when we moved apart once more, jumping about 20 meters apart, and got into fighting stances. Midnight immediately backed away again.

And the fight began. For real, this time.

Gon was the first to charge at me with incredible speed, charging his Jajanken and punching at me with more speed than I expected, because of which I barely managed to rotate my body to dodge. The cement crumpled around his fist, giving in because of the sheer power of the attack.

The crowd cheered at the display of strength, the initial confusion all but gone.

As I spun out of the way of the attack, I whipped him in the side with my tail. He didn't budge though, as he had already put up a Nen defense to block it. Ryu is pretty useful, I guess.

In retaliation, he ripped his fist out of the concrete, making dust fly and obscuring my vision a little bit. I used Ryu to divert about 40% of my Nen into defense around my body, the rest going into my fist as I whacked it where Gon just was. But I hit air.

And his presence was gone.

I jumped to the side intuitively, barely dodging his reinforced tail as it cracked the concrete it hit easily.

I jumped back again, getting some distance between us, and watched as he pulls his tail out of the hole his attack created. As he turned to face me, he flicks the debris out of his tail, and damn, that looked dangerously hot.

And yes, I was simping in the middle of a fight, sue me. The internet corrupted me.

I slowly walked a bit closer, as did he, before turning and walking to the side, walking around him. I kept walking around him, settling into the rhythm I knew so well by now, and let out a bit of electricity as afterimages of myself appeared. Soon, Goon was surrounded by these afterimages, with the electricity hopefully giving the illusion that it was happening due to my Quirk.

I kept up this cadence of steps even as Gon raised his fist. It began to glow a little, and his arm shot down, smashing into the concrete and kicking up dust and debris, creating a small cloud of dust. At this point I was behind him, so I stopped the Rhythm Echo and dashed at him.

I swung my arm, and hit him in the back with electricity, the crackling of the lightning being the only sound. But even though he was clearly affected, he was able to punch me back, forcing me off of him.

He righted himself and moved to dash after me, and as he was just before me tried to sweep my legs. I jumped over him and spun a bit in the air so that I was looking directly at him. I put my arm in front of me and tucked in all fingers but two, my pointer and middle finger. A small ball of electricity gathered at the tips of my fingers, growing larger quickly.

At the apex of my jump, I released this ball of electricity, the crackling of lightning spreading downward from where my finger was pointed and right at Gon, who was still looking up at me.

He dodged forward, in my direction, as best as he could, but was still caught in the lightning and shocked, even though he put up a hasty Nen defense.

Dust was kicked up as the lightning struck, covering Gon.