~~Chapter 4: Welcome to the hero course~~

So, there he was, standing in front of a door about 4 times as large as him with a huge number 1 and some letter he didn't recognize painted on it was he could only assume to be the blood of all of those who have had to suffer inside of this classroom.

School is scary.

You could never change Killua's mind about that.

He may have been homeschooled, but that was also scary. Though that may be because he was homeschooled by assassins, so his view on the matter may be a little warped. But still, he had heard enough about schools in his own universe to assume they were just as terrible in this one.

He wasn't nervous. Not really. Even though Hizashi had shown him around the entire school, including one of the apparently numerous training grounds, there was still almost 45 minutes before classes would start. He knew no one was inside, his now greatly enhanced hearing clued him in on that. He was starting to see how advantageous having the traits of a cat actually was.

With a deep breath, he opened the sliding door and stepped inside, seeing... nothing. I already said there was no one inside.

It was just a normal and pretty large classroom with a seemingly normal blackboard, a desk for the teacher as well as 22 other desks and chairs, two of which have obviously been put there for Gon and Killua. Nezu sure worked fast.

Letting out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding, Killua moved to the back of the classroom and sat at one of the two desks placed by the window there.

Killua barely held in another yelp of pain as he, once more, sat on his new appendage. He was also seeing the disadvantages of having the traits of a cat now... Oh well, he'd get used to it.

He put his head on the desk and used Zetzu, pulling in his aura and concealing his presence as he heard someone stomping through the hallways, stopping in front of the door and opening after a few seconds. In stepped a tall, blue haired boy with glasses. He looked around, not really noticing the white haired boy in the room, an sat in one of the many seats. Really shows how effective Zetzu really is, doesn't it? Even though he can still see him, it's like his brain doesn't register that he even exists. Afterall, Zetzu doesn't turn someone invisible. Zetzu makes it feel like the space someone is inhabiting is empty. It's like the brain simply ignores his visual existence, judging him to be just another part of the background.

Closing his eyes, Killua made a mental list of what he would need to do and get.

'I'll need to improve my En, it'll be useful in the future, too. I probably won't be able to use it to find Gon fast enough, but that doesn't mean it won't prove to be necessary in the future. I should definitely map out the area so I can work more efficiently, as well. And I should carry medical supplies with me for when I do find him, he's probably still injured. And probably the most important, I'll need to get a god damn tracker. No way I'm losing him like that again.'

By the time Killua opened his eyes again, quite a few more students had already entered the room and were chatting about. There was some guy who seemed to literally sparkle staring into seemingly nothing, but in reality, he was staring right into your soul. He knows. Then there was a girl with pink skin, who was happily conversing with a frog. There was a bulky but very shy looking guy, a rather loud redhead and some guy with really big lips. A few others were scattered about, but he didn't really care. They weren't bothering him, so he was fine.

No one had taken the seat beside him, so everything was fine.