Chapter Eight: Man gets kicked with flying rock

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Your eyes suddenly snap back open. But your awakening was abruptly marred by the sharp, throbbing pain in your head. The pain manifests as a pulsating sensation, radiating from a central point and spreading its tendrils across your temples, forehead, and sometimes even down the back of your neck. It feels as though tiny hammers are relentlessly pounding against your brain, each strike sending ripples of discomfort throughout your entire being. What the shit did this guy do to me?

You try to move your hands but you the sudden clinking of chains makes you look up, your hands tightly choked by the handcuffs, strung to a wheel on the ceiling, your eyes slowly following the chains but struggling to see fully from the headache and the fact that, whatever it was connected to was right behind you. You manage muster enough strength to turn your head around to make out Leon who's connected to the other side of your chain, his arms being held up above his head and still unconscious, sitting on the floor back to back with you. You forgot how fucking heavy this whale was, despite the last time he crushed you was only the last time you were conscious.

In fact, this passed out man's arms alone were so fucking heavy, that you didn't even realise your ass wasn't even touching the floor because of his weight.

"You okay, señorita?" Your head rapidly turns toward the low voice right next to you, chained to the ceiling as well. It's the guy you 'saved' earlier.

"Couldn't be any worse, especially being stuck with this malignant lump and his obese arms." You say, nudging your head behind you to gesture to Leon. You suddenly hear vibrations on your back when Leon speaks.

"Oh, what the fuck?" He grumbles, then you go flying as he forces his hands down against the chains.

"Leon!" You shout, when turns his head to look at you, his annoyance only intensifies realising the forced proximity of your situation. He quickly gets up and you swiftly follow, he gets away from you and starts walking around, inspecting the room as you're still floundering in the pain of your headache.

"You guys got a name?" The guy asks, Leon answers flatly continuing to look around, and you're busy trying to not have your head explode so you answer almost silently.

"Quiet types, eh? I'm Luis Serra. I guess we picked the wrong spot to vacation." You suddenly feel a rough tug from Leon that makes you lurch forward, almost stumbling over.

"Hey!" You bark. "Stop that!" He does it again when he tries to look in another corner of the room seconds later. The jolts only worsen your headache, and you're not letting him continue without consequence. You kick a chipped off piece of concrete that was on the floor, and it smacks him directly in the back of the head. Luis seems impressed, but then Leon quickly pulls down the chain, making you both come face to face.

"Now is not the time..." He hisses, staring at you intensely.

"I've got a fucking headache and you're throwing me around like a teddy bear. What happened to working together? Because it seems you can't stop going against your own words." You seethe warningly, moving closer to his face to get him intimidated although it definitely wouldn't work.

"Woah, woah... It seems we have a dysfunctional married couple on our hands." Luis chuckles, observing your instantaneous rivalry. But you ignore him and continue to stare each other down until one gives in. "Are you guys about to kiss?" He adds, which makes you both finally snap your head toward him, after a second Leon gives up and lets go of his tight hold on the chain.

"Kiss my ass, maybe..." You mutter, deserving another harsh glare from Leon. You walk around the room too, when you headache gets the slightest bit more bearable. You end up both tugging on the chain by accident when you and Leon go to opposite sides to search, you look back and up at the pivot holding the chain up, and back down at each other, nodding. You both slam the the chain down, weakening it until it thunders down onto the floor with a loud crash.

"I guess you've been in spots like this before, hm?" You both ignore him as you're both vexed, and using the new slack to inspect the cold, concrete room as far away as possible from each other. "My guess... You're looking for someone. Maybe... A missing señorita?"

You both instantly look at him and walk up to him, forcing him into a corner. "Talk. Now." You say in unison.

"Alright. Heard chatter about moving a señorita."

"Where?" Leon demands.

"Who knows? But later, I saw some men dragging some one to the old church." Luis's eyes suddenly widen as he spots something behind you, you both whip your head around, learning from the last time you didn't turn around to 'The Big Cheese'.

You see a Ganado coming from the entrance and Leon instantly whips it with the chain when it approaches, stunning it. You quickly run up to circle it while it's stunned, making the chain jump up to wrap around it's next twice.

You and Leon hold the chain firmly, making it hold the Ganado's neck tightly so it's unable to move. And suddenly, he turns around, digging his knee into the chain vigorously, the Ganado's neck snapping, but at your expense since it sends you falling on your face from the force.

The key from the Ganado is heaved in Luis's direction, who quickly grabs it and undoes his handcuffs, running to the exit. Leon runs at him but is held back by the weight of the Ganado's lifeless body.

"We're not done here!" He shouts.

"Later, amigo!" He tosses the key into the opposite corner of the room and runs out. You pick up the key and get off the floor while undoing your handcuffs, then walking up to Leon and taking his wrists.

"I don't have a good feeling about that guy..." He murmurs, as you undo his handcuffs.

"When I get my hands on him from the shit he said alone, no matter if he's a good guy you not." Leon comes undone from his chains and you realise...

"Shit. They took our gear." He groans and storms out the room, you walk after him and Hunnigan calls you on the ear piece which they somehow didn't see or didn't care to take.

"We located Baby Eagle, she's being held in a church. But there's this guy we met called Luis Serra, he's a bit dodgy so I need you to run a background check."

"I'll see what I can do, in the meantime, make your way to that church."

"We're probably due for confession anyway." Leon says from ahead of you, making you snort.

"I'm out." You say and cut off the earpiece, you remember what Leon had done just a minute ago, and throw another rock at his head. For closure, of course...

"Hey!"

"Had to be done in order to restore peace. We're now even." You beam back at him, he just rolls his eyes and walks ahead, his hand briefly rubbing his hair as you had hit it with such force. "Headaches don't feel nice, do they, Leon?"

"I get it, shut up already." He opens another door and you both hear a Ganado around the corner, you picked up a boot knife that was dug into the doorframe. You went forward and stabbed it's neck from behind, covering it's mouth, and taking the knife it had on him to toss to Leon. He nodded at you and you both continued in silence, clearing out the rest of the way until you saw your stuff deeper into the establishment, locked in a room.

"This place has a great security system." You say sarcastically, as you grab all of your gear and a few extras that were left around including a gem inside a locked drawer which you just smashed open with a kick, which Leon was shocked by. "What?"

"Never thought of doing that before."

"For someone who practices their kicks for hours a day in training I would've thought you'd make more use of them."

"I guess that's one reason they put us together, should've thought of that myself." He says as he turns back to leave, catching a glimpse of a man in a purple cloak. "Who the fuck is that?" He whispers, quickly taking out his pistol.

The man on the other side, unbolts the door that leads to the outside of this mini prison.

"Over here stranger!" He shouts and walks off, you and Leon look at each other, you give him a shrug.

"We can just shoot him if he's up to no good."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

published 30th june