Chapter Twelve: Adoption

literally no way we got to 2k reads, when i first published this i was fully expecting like 500 reads or something im so thankful you dont understand , i love all you people in my comments too

one more a/n, i'm going to rewrite chapter one after i publish this so i will take a little bit longer to have the next chapter out, so enjoy this chapter i posted a day early<3

one more thing, do you want me to include the word count for each chapter at the top, or no?

˚₊‧꒰ა  ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

You quickly finish reloading your pistol while making distance with the armed freak, recognising him as the man you saw in the first village you came into.

"You didn't kill him?!" You shout at Leon, starting to shoot it's face. "You had one fucking job!"

"He walked off with everyone else when the bell went off!" You pulled out a grenade you collected from the last settlement, it was the only one you both had left but you prayed it would finish off this nightmare of a man. "I don't know how many times I shot him before, he won't die."

His chainsaw started to rev and he ran at you both, pulling the pin, you threw the grenade at his feet and ran behind a tree. Upon hearing the explosion, you come back out. He had fallen to his knees, trying to regain his senses from the shock. You and Leon met him with waves and waves of bullets, they all hit him digging into his toughened skin, but nothing going completely through. He was already back on his feet.

"You see what I mean? The guy just eats grenades casually."

"You get more useless by the second, can't do a single thing." You mutter, it came at you again, causing you both to split up to opposite sides of the clearing, leaving you jogging away from it. You were about to run out of bullets in your pistol, making you start to panic. You take out your rifle, knowing the shots were more penetrating and you had bullets to spare on it. "Could you at least get him on you?! I need a steady shot!" You shout over at Leon.

"Done." He runs over and drop kicks the thing in the back, making him fly off. To be honest, the sight was ridiculous, but you needed to focus on getting to a good position. You heard it shriek as it got up, simultaneously revving it's chainsaw but you had already made good distance and had gotten yourself into position.

It ran at Leon, faster than it had before, it was hard to get a clear shot on his head.

"Shoot it!" You pre-fire, the first shot stunning it, giving you a clear shot for to the second making him stumble back. You must have weakened him enough to get your bullets to have an influence. Leon took the chance while it was down to kick his head in as he was already worn down from all the head shots.

"You really like kicking their heads in." You say, squatting down next to the body and checking if he had anything valuable, he had a sapphire on him, for whatever reason.

"Works every time. They don't get back up, learnt that in Raccoon City."

"I know your feet are nasty as fuck, using them that much."

"Do you have to be so insulting all the time, princess?" You roll your eyes and start walking up the steps. Immediately, you hear the sounds of whimpering through the metal gates in front of you.

You push them open, following the sound of the pitiful noises at the back of the manor you had just found.

"What's that?" Leon asks.

"Like I know? Shut up." You creep forward, peering your head over the corner to locate where the faint cries were coming from. When Leon finally sees what you do, in a split second he's by it's side. A wolf had gotten trapped in a bear trap, it's leg bleeding all over, tainting it's pure coat of white.