Chapter Twenty-Two: What I have to go through at work. Everyday.

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

You slowly take out a peseta from your pocket, flicking it into the corner and watching as he instantly rams into the wall again, you and Leon pull out your guns and shoot the plaga in its back, making it turn around and try to ram into you. You manage to jump out of the way, and Leon takes the advantage to dig his knife into his back.

You grab Leon's hand and silently sneak your way back into the hallway as it swings rampantly around him. Slowly pulling the pin of a heavy grenade, you toss it into the corner of the main room, watching him slam himself back into the wall running toward the sound of the grenade and stepping directly on it as you and Leon inch backwards into the hallway to avoid the blast. As it comes out of your line of sight, you hear the deafening bang, and the crumble of the stone wall hitting the wet floors, followed by the loud slam of the creature's vast body hitting the floor. Both of you peer your heads back out, seeing its lifeless body on the ground, separated from his legs, covered by some of the debris.

"Thank god..." You mutter, going back to up to the wheel to start opening up the gate, while his arms wrap around your waist.

"Thank God I got stuck with you." He says. "You're quick." You look up as he tucks his face into your neck, letting your heart rate slow down.

"You're enjoying this 30 seconds of alone time we're getting aren't you?"

"It's not interfering with anything is it?"

"Well, what if there was another monster behind us and we were both distracted?"

"I'd save your life by getting eaten first. Not a bad way to go."

"You're an idiot." You smile, slipping out of his hold and walking up the stairs. You get upstairs to see Ashley anxiously waiting and tapping her feet, her head instantly snapping around when she heard you open the door.

"What was down there?" She asks.

"Keys." You say, holding them up and going to the door to unlock it.

"I could feel the ground shaking from up here. Are you sure?"

You swing the door open. "Might've just been Leon crashing into the ground. He's quite the school bus from what I've seen." You jog up the steps, finding rooms upon rooms with red carpets, golden statues, and intricate paintings of the 18th century. The atmosphere is unsettling, there's no sign of any threat as you walk through. At some point in one of the hallways, Ashley had latched onto your arm, as she looked around each room you came into nervously.

"I take that entrance we came through wasn't the most welcoming. Not a great first impression."

"Nothing like the White House I'm used to."

"Honestly, this place looks cooler than the White House. Other than the entrance."

"That's personal." She says playfully.

"My bad."

"Just wait until I tell the President you said a Satanist castle is better than his home."

"Violation of the 57th amendment," Leon said stupidly. "Treason."

"There's actually only 27 amendments," Ashley added.

"Of course you'd know that."

"Shh! Or I'll tell my dad about what you said. That is actually high treason." All three of you started snickering. You came to a room about three stories high, with stairs leading down to the lower part of the room which had 2 large doors leading to separate rooms. You could hear footsteps coming from the door on the left. Logically, your hands went to the handle of the right door, realising that it was locked, you groaned and banged your head against the doors quietly. When you were done with your dramatic short episode of banging your head against the doors, you leaned your head against it.