Chapter Thirteen: The Lake

dedicated to:  vaalentinaa226, amarihowell0809, 1amnotduck, gojoisgoodlooking, wannaeatleon,  yuinrey, meisamonke, jenniesb4e

and also my bf who's reading this and lowkey proofreading it (this guy literally stalked the whole of wattpad to find this fanfic when i told him i wrote one like a psychopath)

you're all great i love all your comments and ur support is acc just mwah, makes me so happy

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

The walkthrough to the gate on the other side of the manor went straight back into the village that you started at, the town hall that everyone had abandoned themselves into after the church bell started ringing. You glanced at Leon repeatedly who was more out of it than he was before whatever had just happened.

You push the key in and unlock it, pushing it open and bracing yourself for a hoard of Ganado. To your pleasure, it was empty. You walk in and sigh, looking around. It's as nice as the Village Chief's manor, with high ceilings and scattered around with gold figures and paintings. You walk around, and Milo comes up to your leg, nudging it to get your attention. He has something in his mouth.

When he looks up at you, you see he has a sapphire, between his teeth.

"Aw, thank you." You say, patting his head briefly and walking until you find the back exit. "Leon, what is up with you?"

"Do you hear that?" He asks, dodging the question.

"Hear what?"

"Hissing." He looks around a bit and breaks one of the boxes around where the sound is coming from, a viper jumping out at him. Without a second thought, you bolt out the back door with Milo, hearing a gunshot from behind you. Leon walks out a second later, holding it in his hands. "We have a souvenir."

"Get that thing, away from me."

"Are you afraid of snakes?"

"I'm afraid of wild vipers that jump at people. Why are you still holding it?!"

"They're edible."

"Have you lost your mind?! They're venomous!"

"Are you seriously that picky?"

"Oh my god. You're eating wild, dirty, probably equally as infected as everything else in this place vipers for dinner. I can't imagine what other disgusting shit you've put in your mouth."

"Yeah, but you still kissed it." He replied, his voice less snarky than it should be. "Thanks for leaving me though, again."

"You were free to follow me right out that door." Milo bolts off down the path. You both go and run after him, finding him biting a Ganado's legs. Leon pulls his gun out and kills him, walking off up the path. You roll your eyes at him and you whistle for Milo to come back to you.

"Don't run off, okay?" You tell him, he barks. "Good, I don't want you to get hurt. Behind me." Milo was slowly becoming more and more like your child, you wondered how this was going to work out for him the more you progressed in finding Ashley.

You follow behind Leon, talking to Milo who was just happy to be there. You wondered how long he had been out here with this cult.

"Y/n." Leon called.

"What do you want now?" You retorted.

"Look." You look up. It's the church. Right in front of you. With a graveyard in front of it.

"Fucking finally." You say as you walk up ahead, pushing the gates open and finding the entrance of the church to be locked. "Perfect. I'm stuck with you for even longer."