Chapter Fourteen: Aw You're Sleeping Together ;)

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

You walk through the cove and it leads to yet another wooden platform that counts as an entrance for the new settlement. There's a ladder at the end of the wooden platform that you're on, and you walk toward it, holding Leon's arm tightly.

The entire place was set up so that the cove you came in was on a higher level, needing to hop down into the wet, and walk up a ramp to a lower wooden platform where homes were, so houses and shacks wouldn't get flooded. And there were even higher levels that acted as an outpost, using the cliff around it to support it, but luckily no one was on the outposts at this time.

"Oh, this looks like the perfect habitat for more vipers." Leon smirks, looking over the marshy land. Your grimacing at the thought that he's considerately placed in your head, blood pressure sky rocketing through the roof but proceeding anyways.

Apparently, the weight of the two of you is too heavy for the rotting wood (but you can blame it all on Leon's tremendous weight). You fall through the wood. Luckily, Leon's body cushioned your fall, leaving him to be soaked in the muddy water that was beneath. You get off and pull him up.

"Being wet isn't so fun anymore, huh?" You joke pitifully.

"Nothing I'm not used to, at least you're fine." He hears loud footsteps from the wooden platform above you, way heavier than any normal person should be. Leon grabs your waist and pulls you under the bridge, looking from the corner. A knock off minotaur had come down the ramps and into the marshy pit you were in, but he couldn't see you from around the corner. He had a beefy body with a ripped off cow's head wrapped onto his own with rope, and a sledge-hammer that was taller than him. The metal part of it could've probably fit 5 of your own head.

He leans back to you, mouth up against your ear.

"Can you get up to the top platforms? I'll keep him busy from down here. There will be less vipers there for you too." He whispered, hand still gripping tightly on your arm.

"What about you?"

"You've got the aim, I've got the hand to hand combat, that's why we're put together. Go."

"Don't do anything stupid."

"You can save my ass again, I'm not too worried." He taps your back, and you start running under the platforms, making sure to be undetected until you reach the ladder, quickly climbing up. Leon watches you as you go, he nods at you when you get into position and runs off into the open for the minotaur the second you fire your first shot at it's head.

It looks up at you, and Leon kicks it in the back, knocking it down for a second. He tries to kick his head but backs off when he realises his bone is too thick. Shooting multiple times, you've drawn the attention of all the Ganado in the settlement who start approaching your ladder, but it will take a while for them to reach you.

You think you've weakened his head down enough the third time he gets stunned as he takes an extra few seconds to recover.

"Stab him!" You shout, Leon quickly takes out his knife and digs it into his head. Successful.

He looks over at your ladder, shooting off the two Ganado that were already on it and running into the clearing of the middle of the village. Watching him kick, and parry all their attacks was satisfying, it felt more like a dance than a fight. One by one you would slowly pick each one off, finishing it on a collateral, going through someone's head then piercing the one behind it's leg, letting Leon push his combat knife into it's head.

You slide down the ladder, him running up to wait at the bottom.

"Alone, again." You say, starting to walk and check the homes.