Chapter Twenty: Big Cheese Remastered

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

"Oi! You lot!" The merchant must've spotted you down the path too, you grab Ashley's hand to run into the cover of the little stand he had set up. You lean forward, palms on his table.

"I really do wonder how you show up everywhere." You say, smiling.

"What on earth happened to you?"

"Quite a bit." You say, pulling the bag off your back. "This is Ashley, by the way." You say, quickly pointing your head to a nervous and confused-looking Ashley.

"Nice to meet ya." You tip the contents of your bag out on the desk, putting things you weren't planning to sell back inside. "You've been muggin' up the locals haven't ya?" Leon catches up, looking over your shoulder at all you've poured out.

"So - how much we talking?"

"73,050 pesetas. Almost enough for a rocket launcher."

Normally, Leon would've laughed, but his face remained stoic. "You sell rocket launchers?"

"Ye think I just carry 4 around for myself." He chuckles. "I'm a lot smarter than to get myself in that much trouble, stranger." He tosses the bag in front of you. "You buyin' anything?"

"Grenades."

"Be specific, darlin'."

"6 grenades and a heavy one."

He put down the grenades without question and deducted the price from the bag of coins that he left.

"I've got something for them legs of yours." He said, adding a spray onto the table.

"How much?"

"Consider it a favour." Leon wasn't too happy about it, assuming that the Merchant was trying to ensnare you with his selflessness.

You smile, picking it up. It wasn't that large, and it had a green plus on it. It looked like the first aid sprays they gave out in the infirmary. You sprayed them on your legs and immediately felt relieved from almost all of the pain, some of the redness disappearing also. Way better than the ones back in America. You could literally feel the stress lift off you along with the pain.

"What is that?" Leon asks, probably too late since you've already sprayed the can from the dodgy man.

"First aid spray."

"Well, it's not like any other first aid spray I've had before. Thank you." You say. "I'll repay you at some point."

"Milo's enough, darlin'."

Oh yeah, Milo.

"Where is he?" You ask.

"Sleepin', under the table." All three of you duck your head under, seeing him quietly snoring.

"Aww." Ashley coos, her hand itching to pet it, Leon pulled out a bass that he got from the lake, leaving it next to his head and stroking him twice very gently. "He's yours?"

"He used to be but he got injured badly protecting me, Merchant offered to take care of him and then ended up stealing him from us."

"Negotiated." The merchant butts in. "You better get going to wherever you're off to 'cus I this weather's only gonna get worse."

You come back up from the table, shaking his hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

"That's my line, luv'."

You give your goodbyes and start on your journey again. Ashely stays close by your side, she's quiet and shivering. You wished you had clothes to give her, but even the ones on your body were diminished entirely. The second you left the store, the weather did in fact get worse. The rain was slamming down and it almost felt like hail crashing into your shoulders.