Chapter Nineteen: ok actually take me to the church now (i need it)

who tf keeps reporting me everytime i say im going to off myself

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Leon pushes the door open with his pistol readily in his hand. The room looks clear, the higher level where the pulpit would usually lay was what looked like yet another puzzle. Mismatched stained glass was plastered on the wall, illuminating the room with harsh reds, greens and blues.

You both step up and twist the red wheel, which twists the red panes of glass on the wall ahead. The other two wheels are missing for the green and blue. You grit your teeth, the puzzles are already ticking you off, and you know that this stupid thing won't be the last. You step back down and start looking around the benches, and drawers in the room. There are a few valuables around which you pick up as you shuffle through storage, Leon drifts off to the other side of the room and you both come back with the two wheels you need.

You look down at the puzzle, Leon wrapping his arms around your waist behind you and leaning his chin on your shoulder to look over what you were doing. His warm chest pressed against your back, maybe it would help you dry quicker. He plants a kiss on your cheek as you make a start.

"How are we going to go back to normal after that?" You think as you start to shuffle around the wheels to match them and make a shape of an insignia. "I've gone too far emotionally and physically to just stop." The thought made you uncomfortable, giving up years of promises to yourself to give it up, in a moment where your logic was drawn probably from the amount that was going on. Not only that, but now Leon felt more for you, and that was entirely your fault. You were still contemplating if you regretted it or not.

Being so far from the office made the consequences seem so far away. And being so close to Leon would make your heart flutter and cloud judgement. Whatever. Focus on what's important.

All panes of glass slotted together perfectly into an insignia, hearing an unlock a door to your left. You walk to it and open it, leading to a ladder going up it quickly to the higher level of the church. It was incredibly uneasy like anything would've popped out, the feeling that you could talk in only whispers up here easily came over along with a dreadful sense of foreboding.

You looked around the hallway, seeing a pink, shattered flip phone on the floor and looking at Leon nervously. You gently placed your hands on the door handle, twisting it as quietly as possible and opening it. Leon tried to go on first but you pulled him back.

"I think it's more comforting if she hears a woman's voice." You whisper.

"What if there's something else waiting for you in there?"

"I'm not completely handicapped. Just let me." Reluctantly, he nods and lets you step in first.

"Ashley Graham? Are you in here?" You say softly. "Your father sent us to get you-" You hear the shuffling of feet from behind the door, and your eyes snap to it where a metal candle holder races toward your face. Reflexively, your hand comes out to grab it, your heart jumping out of your chest. You see her mortified face, surrounded by her short blonde hair. She tries to run out the second you see her but Leon stands in the doorway, she backs into the corner of the room.

You look at each other and sigh, you drop the holder and hold up your hands. You're still slightly astonished but you force yourself to speak anyways.

"We were sent by your dad to get you, we just want to get you out of here safely. I promise we won't hurt you." Leon steps a bit into the room, and she bolts out the room the second she sees him move. He gives you an embarrassed smile.

"That went well?"

You groan and jog back out after her, brushing past him.

When you turn the corner you see her looking out the window, nervously.