Chapter Ten: Fav Chapter So Far

im so gassed that we're on 10 chapters now and at 1k reads omggg this is so mmm so here's a super spicy chapter as celebration for chapter 10 and all the reads

also, this part is set in chapter two (u can see where its set above, also it's just such a cute banner for this chapter)

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

The second the two of you the settlement, the wood gate slammed back down on the ground in an instant, alerting every single inhabitant of the area. You eyes scanned above the gate behind you and see a wheel that a Ganado has closed the second you had got in, leaving you with no choice but a fight.

Not only this, but the entire village was built on a cliff and all of it was built on wooden platforms on the side of it, a huge bridges in the middle connecting each side, and there were higher levels.

Leon gave a pat on your back, looking down at you with look you'd expect him to give to anyone else he'd work with, an improvement. Neutral is better than hatred at least.

"I'll kill as many as I can, you get the hexagonal key. Stay safe, agent." He gave you one last reassuring nod before he jogged off down one of the bridges with his grenades and guns blazing. You didn't really have a clue about what the hexagonal key looks like and he left it up to you, at least it's safer for yourself but that didn't seem as appealing as it was before as he's gotten more tolerable.

You jog off down the opposite direction, only shooting what got in your way. Most of the inhabitants were focused on Leon, and he was focused on gathering them all up on a path and then throwing grenades at the groups.

Ahead of you, you broke up all the boxes and searched every house, but there was nothing that even resembled a key, except for a few small, dainty ones which you shoved in your pocket for cabinets like you saw earlier in the prison to save your hands a few splinters from smashing another bundle of wood, or save your energy, either way there was no losing in taking the keys. Stealing all their valuables as you went on as well, it would be no use to them since they're dead.

You walk around the roof of one of the houses, it had a lot of things to take, bullets, herbs, but still no stupid hexagonal key. You wondered if you were even looking for the right thing, a hexagonal key, like one that is a completely normal, small key, but with a hexagon at the tip which goes into the lock? Because that is such a stupid design, people could easily.... You went of rambling in your head as you went back downstairs to be greeted by a friendly bunch of Ganado.

Taking out everything by removing them all strenuously with you knife, and leaving the building to go and look through more houses. That small group seemed to be the only thing that would bother you for a long while on your search as you could hear all the commotion down on Leon's side of the settlement, compared to the silence of the small area you were in now. A good time to think about all that's happened to make at least the slightest bit of use of the long amount of time you waste looking for some stupid key.

In terms of his positive aspects you were finally willing to consider. He was attractive, which was given since the second you met him but at least if you were to speak more often, there would be a pretty sight for you to look at which you wouldn't need to burdensomely hate. He had a sense of humour, no matter how stupid or how dad-jokey it was, it was still funny. He was enjoyable to speak to, when one of you didn't strike an argument, which was rare but that could change with a shift in attitude, which was already agreed on. What could even go wrong this time?

To you, things were looking up for him, but referring to everything that had happened in your stay in Spain so far, every time he had taken a step forward, he took two steps back without flaw. If maybe, you could give him one final chance. You swear, it's the last one, if he fucks up again then it's done. All chance of salvation is gone. You can go back to hating him if that's what it takes to stop him from doing whatever bullshit it takes for him to redeem himself again.