First day on the server

"There you go, there we are..." Giran whispers to the shaking teen next to him. "You're doing so good, Toms. I'm so proud of you."

It was just supposed to be a visit to see Tommy, bring him some gifts for his birthday they all missed, have some cake and a chance for Scar and Tommy to catch up.

"You're doing great kiddo!" Scar smiles. "Almost home."

Oh gods did the three hermits feel sick with the sight that greeted them when they logged onto the Dream SMP using their visitor passes.

L'Manburg was gone and had been slowly being reclaimed by nature.

Wilbur was dead and replaced with somebody named Ghostbur.

Tommy's house was gone.

Tommy's usual semi-happy demeanor was missing and in its place was a jumpy, fearful and broken boy.

There was a white streak of hair mixed in with the golden blonde and Grian knew the cause of it, having seen it many times before.

The kid that the trio had watched grow up into a fine young man looked so small and scared, jumping at just the slightest of noises as if he was a scared child left alone without a nightlight.

"Over here bud, into Grians' house." Mumbo spoke as softly as he could, watching out for mobs. "You're safe here ok?"

But what had cemented the idea the trio had when they first laid their eyes on the kid was the fact that when Tommy looked at them the poor thing looked so tired and ready for death.

So, five hours of hacking later, Tommy was brought onto the Hermitcraft server with the small amount of stuff he still had left and carefully led to Boatem where the trio could take care of the boy.

"Papa..." Tommy spoke in a soft voice that was barely heard.

"Mumbo or me, Tommy?" Grian asks softly.

"Where am I...? I need to get home. I...I need to go home." Tommy whispers, attempting to leave the little huddle he was in with the three hermits.

"No, no, no, no!" Scar quickly pulls Tommy into a careful hug as Grian attacks the zombie that had wondered to close. "You're on the Hermitcraft server Tommy. A safe place. Nobody can hurt you here."

Mumbo and Scar watched Tommy frown in confusion before looking up at them. "What does safe mean again...?" The blonde whispers.

Now if that didn't break the two hermits' hearts even more.

"Oh Tommy..." Mumbo whispers, reaching out for Tommy but an arrow whizzing past his face made him yelp in surprise. "Inside! We need to get inside!"

Scar nods and carefully lifts Tommy up, forcing himself to not freak out over how light he was, before running for Grians' starter base with Mumbo right behind him. Once the three were safely inside, Scar carefully set Tommy down in Grians' nest and covered him with the parrot hybrid's weighted blanket.

"Stay under here ok?" Scar whispered to the teen. "It'll keep you warm."

"Ok..." Tommy whispered back, not even moving his pinky.

Mumbo anxiously looked over to the doors and sighs when Grian walked in with a surprised shout. "Horde! There's a horde!" Grian shouts in alarm. "Thankfully I inverted my doors."

With a heavy sigh Grian walks over to his nest and kneels next to Scar. "Is he ok? The skeleton didn't hit anybody, did it?" He asks softly, gently running his fingers through Tommys' hair.