Chapter 20

☣☣☣

"I know you're not in the mood for any tour or big introduction, but you will seriously love this place when you see it." Dean told me as we got closer to our destination. They hadn't said much about it. Just that they called it the Bunker, it was pretty much a safe house, and I was going to love it.

"And who knows? Maybe you'll feel better once we get there. This is your home now, I guess..." Sam added, smiling slightly at the last thing. It was amazing how quickly we got used to each other.

"Ok, well being a Winchester, that's not a guarantee. But you're not a guy, so I guess Sammy's right." He patted Sam on the shoulder. I was honestly super anxious to get to this 'Bunker.' The thought of it had taken my mind off of things a few times so hopefully actually seeing it will help a lot more.

"And here we are!" Dean announced, driving up to a building that was three-quarters of the way underground. Well, the name makes sense now. It was, in fact, an underground bunker. There was even a garage.

Once we parked, I quickly hopped out of the Impala and grabbed my things. I wanted to see this place, and I wasn't waiting for these slowpokes. I went ahead inside without them. "Wait, slow down!" Dean called. "I guess you don't want a tour?!" I chuckled. He must love showing this place off.

I made my way into a room that looked kind of like a library. It was small but there were tables in the middle and bookshelves all over the place just filled with books.

"Woah." I muttered, gazing around the room.

"Sam? Dean?" A voice called. An unfamiliar voice. "You guys are back early- Oh." A boy appeared in front of me. He looked to be about my age, and I'm not gonna lie, he was cute.

"Uh, hi." I greeted awkwardly.

"You're not Sam and Dean." He replied, completely ignoring my greeting while also looking confused. "No, I'm-"

"Skylar." Dean interrupted, walking up behind me with Sam on his heels. "This is Kevin. Kevin, Skylar."

"Oh, um, nice to meet you?" He still sounded confused, but I don't blame him. I was confused myself. They never said anything about having a teenage boy living with them. He turned to Sam and Dean for a bit more information, but they didn't seem to get the memo. Typical.

"I'm Dean's daughter." I explained.

"Dean, you... you have a daughter?!" He asked, shocked. "When did this happen?"

"Well she's seventeen, so about seventeen years ago." He smirked, taking a seat at one of the tables. I turned to Kevin. "Is he usually like this at home? He hasn't been like this for the past few hours."

"Ohhh, yes. Most of the time." He paused, observing me for a few seconds. "So how'd you end up here?"

"Long story short, my mom was murdered, and I found a letter from her telling me to find my father. Well, I found him, and here I am." I explained in one breathe.

"Okayyyy." Kevin replied, glancing back and forth between me and the boys. "Oh, and I'm also half angel so that's fun. Its great being the daughter of a hunter while being something supernatural." My voice was literally dripping with sarcasm. I knew the boys would never do anything to hurt me, but I still hated being something that they would hunt.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm a supernatural being too." He comforted. I looked at him in amazement. "Really?"

"Yeah, I'm, as the angels say, 'a prophet of the Lord.'" I turned to Sam and Dean, not quite sure what that meant. "Can someone enlighten me on that title?" I asked, walking over to the table to take a seat, Kevin right behind me.

"It basically means he is one of the only humans that can read the Word of God. See, there are these tablets, four of them, and they have some language on them that only prophets can read. Kevin is a prophet, so he can read them. We keep him safe here, and he helps us out." Sam explained.

"Doesn't that get tiring? If there are four tablets, then why don't you have four prophets?" I asked. Boy, did I have a lot to learn.

"Because there's only one prophet on Earth at a time. If one is killed, the next one on the list gets his powers." Dean answered.

"So kinda like me? Not the powers thing, but the only one at a time thing?"

"Yeah, exactly." Kevin smiled. He had a cute smile too. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. "You people sure do have a lot on your plate, don't you?"

They all chuckled. "You have no idea."

"You'll have a lot to learn if you're going to be sticking around for a while." Kevin told me. I nodded. "Well, my mother is dead and a demon just kidnapped two people I cared about a lot so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon." The room got silent after that. I guess I announced that a little too casually. I didn't care though. I didn't want to get all sappy and start crying. Sam was right. This place did make me feel a little better, and I didn't wanna ruin that.

"So, how about that tour?" I suggested, standing up from my chair.

☣☣☣

Sorry for another short chapter. I have a lot planned for this story but I'm not exactly sure how to write it all out. Idek how I'm going to end it. I'm kind of just winging it at the moment oops XD

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote! <3

I'm tired of all these long author's notes so I'm just gonna leave with that :)

Love you guys xx

~~Sky~~