Chapter 12

☣☣☣

So, I guess last night, or this morning since it was three o'clock, was Dean and I's first father-daughter moment. We pretty much talked about everything, all the while Sam was sleeping. I told him about how I was a curious and annoying little kid when it came to the weird things in my life. I told him about my mother, how she turned out all those years since they last saw each other. I also told him a bit about Avery.

In return, he told me all about his life. He explained what happened to his mom, my grandmother, when he was four, and that's what got them started as hunters. He told me that Sam had left him and their dad to go to college. I could kind of understand that. My whole life I've felt like a freak and wanted to be normal. I wonder if Sam felt that way too.

We laughed at his story about going to get Sam at college to find their dad. I'm sure he exaggerated a bit, but he had apparently 'whooped Sam's ass.' After that, he just opened up and told me everything. From Sam dying, to him selling his soul and going to Hell, then being raised from Hell by the angel Castiel. He told me about the Apocalypse which sounded like so much fun.

By the time we finished sharing our stories, it was nearly seven in the morning. Who knew sharing life stories like that would take four hours. Although, most of it was Dean's life, and his life sounded pretty crappy.

"You two have got the worst luck in the history of luck." I stated. He chuckled. "You know, we did break like six mirrors hunting a vengeful spirit once. I bet that's why." I gave him a look, laughing. These two were insane!

"So, when do we hit the road?" I asked eagerly, hopping off the bed. Yeah, it was a good kind of insane. I was excited to spend some time with them and eventually, hunt with them. They were my family, after all. "As soon as Sleeping Beauty over there wakes up." Dean replied, pointing to Sam.

I glanced at Sam who was sprawled out on the bed. His hands were still stuffed under his pillow. Jesus Christ this guy could sleep. I looked back to Dean, placing my hands on my hips. "I think he's slept long enough."

He peered around me, squinting his eyes. "Yeah, you're probably right." He then picked up a pillow, and I stepped to the side as he threw it at Sam. As soon as it hit him, he bolted upright in his bed with a gun in hand. So that's why his hands were stuffed under his pillow.

Dean and I both laughed. "Rise and shine, Sammy!" Dean exclaimed. Sam shot him a bîtchface and placed the gun on the nightstand, then ran his fingers through his long hair. "You guys are up early." He said.

"We've been up since three." I told him. He looked at me wide-eyed, then turned to Dean with a question in his eyes. "Sky had a nightmare so I stayed up with her, and we talked." Dean explained. I smiled, just as I had when Damon called me Sky. Oh God, Damon… Hopefully he wouldn't worry because I couldn't go back. I couldn't risk putting him or Avery in danger.

"So, we headin' out?" Sam asked, ending the previous conversation. Dean told me about the nightmares Sam used to have about Jessica after she had died. He probably knew what my nightmare was about.

"Once everyone's ready." Dean said, looking at me expectantly. I smiled in return, and we all quickly brushed our teeth, then checked out of the motel and headed for their car.

"I knew this was your car!" I exclaimed, running my hands along the smooth, shiny paint of the Impala. "You like her?" Dean asked. I nodded. "She's beautiful!"

Dean chuckled. "Baby gets that a lot." I laughed once, then stopped. My face went still and, my body went stiff. Sam and Dean seemed to notice almost immediately. "What's wrong?" Sam asked, his voice clouded with worry. I shook my head. "Nothing. It's just… My mom used to call me Baby." It pained me to talk about my mom in the past tense. They glanced at each other then back at me with sympathy. I was tired of feeling sad so I decided to smile and lighten the mood. "I guess she got it from you." I told Dean. He smiled at the sight of my own smile.