7. Nyx.

Nyx was on edge. He had his first contact with Theia, and she acted as if she didn't know what he meant. His father told him that she took his money and ran. He said that was all she had been after. She never loved him, and she still had the audacity to look him in the eyes and call his father a liar.

Nyx's teeth clenched as he cut the last of the steak and dropped the plate in front of Zenova. His cousin rose a brow as she looked up at him from her seat at the counter.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Don't curse," he spat. Zenova snorted, crossing her arms.

"Mmhm, as if you don't curse every breathing moment of your life. Why are you so mad?"

Nyx normally loved his cousin, but he wanted to throttle her in that moment. He shot her a glare, one that had him noticing the way her shoulders stiffened.

"What happens to me is not your concern. You know what is? Eating your dinner and going to bed so I don't have to fight you to get out of bed in the morning," he said in a stern voice, shoving her plate closer. Zenova shot him a quizzical look.

"You need to get laid."

Nyx choked on his breath, his eyes widening. "How do you even know what that is?"

Zenova just laughed as she shoved a piece of steak into her mouth. "I'm fifteen, Nyx. I'm not a baby."

He scoffed as he rounded the counter and aimed for the door. "You're practically a baby," he shot back.

"My father told my mother that you haven't fucked anyone in a while and that he's afraid you're going to be angry the whole time you're here!" Zen called after him. Nyx pulled the door open, on his way for his nightly run.

"Don't curse!"

"Fuck you!" The young female shouted as he slammed the door. Nyx shook his head with a small chuckle. The kid was raised by the wrong people, and now she was just as aggressive as they were.

The night wasn't as brisk as he expected, so Nyx shed his cloak as he took off from the porch. He wouldn't be training as often, so running was his next best choice at staying fit during his stay in Windhaven. He started with a light jog, but the way his rage at Theia still simmered in his bones, he needed more. Nyx pushed himself through the streets, passing the still busy tavern. Nic and Adonis hadn't said anything when he left earlier, so he assumed they were still in there.

Nyx turned down another street, his chest burning from his heavy breaths in the cool air. He wanted to know why she was at dinner with the camp lord. Nyx knew well enough how much Theia hated the camps, she'd never entertain someone who commands them. Before he knew it, Nyx was making his way down a familiar road.

His jaw tightened at the sight of the once abandoned homes now filled with light and warmth. His father did more work than he had expected. Nyx's eyes turned to the last house, brow lifting at the smoke rising from the chimney. He never felt as dangerous as he did while prowling around Theia's childhood home. He circled the house, not realizing his footsteps leaving prints in the snow until he made it back to the front.

He was a bloodthirsty creature and his prey was within these walls. His first instinct was to look through the bedroom window. His eyes focused through the dark to a figure laying on their back. Nyx's eye twitched as he realized who was in the bed. Silas Rossatos.

He was in the bed alone, and by the way the blankets moved above him, Nyx knew what he was doing. He rolled his eyes, grimacing at the thought. This male was pleasuring himself while laying alone in a female's bed. It was pathetic. A low grunt sounded low in his throat as he tried to fight back a laugh.