64. Nyx

"I trust that you'll do it right," Nyx said softly, brushing the back of his hand over Feyre's jaw. His mother smiled up at him before turning her attention back to the canvases she had laid out. She had gone to the temple in the mountain to carve out a background for the painting she planned. Graphite marks covered the two canvases, giving options for the couple. Feyre was almost more excited about the aspect of Theia becoming his wife than he was.

His anticipation had him pacing the estate nearly all day. He didn't know what to do with himself without his bride. She'd gone out for the day with Zenova, but they still hadn't returned. The sky was turning to the violet hue of dusk and his bed remained empty. He'd challenged his father and uncle to sparring, traded books with his aunt Nesta, and ate to his heart's content in the kitchens. Now he stood behind his mother in her studio, watching as she marked the different parts of the cavernous temple on both canvases.

His eyes lifted to the painting Feyre and Theia had worked together on. It hung alongside the far wall, the oil paints still drying. They'd captured him perfectly, to the point it almost unnerved him to look at it. Nyx didn't look at himself often, and when he did, he was used to the hollowed out male with stale whiskey on his breath and the marks of a stranger on his skin. He didn't see himself enough to feel familiar with the joy in his eyes or the smile on his lips.

"I think your wife is home," Feyre murmured, glancing up at Nyx. He shot her a quick grin, pressed a kiss to her hair, and rushed out of the room. He wanted so desperately to see Theia, hold her or kiss her, it didn't matter. The moment he turned the corner, Zenova was bolting back out the door with a bag swung over her shoulder- no doubt heading home to her parents. Nyx rolled his eyes at his younger cousin. Turning at the sound of his footsteps, Theia's eyes lightened.

Fuck, he loved the way she looked at him. Her doe eyes blinked up at him, a shy smile spreading on her lips. His fingers twitched with the need to touch her. Nyx's eyes fell to the mound of fabric slung over her arm, his brows furrowing.

"What did you buy?" He hadn't sent her out with money, which he stupidly realized hours after she had gone. A small flush ran over her tan cheeks as she glanced down at the fabric.

"A few dresses, maybe more."

Nyx's brow rose, but he didn't question her. Instead, Theia took his hand and tugged for him to follow her. He held no argument as he followed her, curious about the devious look in her eyes. She led him up the stairs, pausing on the landing to pull him in for a kiss. Nyx can't help but smile into the kiss, feeling the light fluttering sensation in his chest.

"What are you up to?" He asked against her lips. Theia just grinned, pulling away and tugging him along again. Nyx followed in silence as he soaked in the soft sounds of her giggles. Her excitement was contagious and every nerve thrummed with curiosity.

He expected her lips against his as they slipped into their bedroom. Instead, Theia dropped his hand and went to the small desk beside the wardrobe. She turned, offering a shy smile as she glanced between Nyx and the bed. His brows furrowed with a confused grin as he followed her silent orders and sat himself on the edge of the bed. Warmth lit within his body as he watched her fingers brush the straps of her dress from her shoulders.

"It seems you had a good day," Nyx murmured softly, watching intently as the fabric pooled at her feet. Theia just smiled as she bit her bottom lip, snatching one of the gowns from the pile she had brought in. She stepped into it and pulled it up her body. A growl of approval left Nyx as he watched the fabric catch on her thick hips and rear, making his bride struggle to pull it over her body.

It fit her well once it was on. A pretty lilac color stark against her tanned skin. It fell to her ankles, swaying softly as she adjusted the short sleeves. With a wide grin, Theia met his gaze and spun, showing him the dress.