24. Nyx

Nyx didn't return to the palace until sunset. He flew to his balcony, savoring the taste of the clouds and sunlight. He circled for a moment. His heavy eyes lifted, peering at the balcony of Theia's bedroom. What perfect timing, she was closing her bedroom door. She was smiling, a blush on her cheeks. Nyx narrowed his eyes, wondering who would give her a look like that.

Whiskey and wine ran through his veins. He'd fucked that female at the bakery again and again, and then went to the tavern. He wasn't sure how many times he'd been touched there, he just knew that his muscles were sore and his mind was heavy. Nyx already was making a move to Theia's bedroom, ready to collapse on her balcony and ask her to sit beside him for a while.

He didn't want to be her friend, he didn't want anything other than the taste of her hatred on his tongue, but perhaps he just needed someone to be alone with him. If she denied him, he'd go down to the servant wing and continue the massacre of his body.

Nyx halted, his wings keeping him steady as Theia began to pull her robe off. She lifted the fabric over her head and let it fall to the floor. It was wrong, surely, but Nyx took his fill of her body beneath those sheer clothes. Cauldron, he loved the Dawn Court attire. Her breasts weren't peaked beneath the sheer pink fabric, but the brassiere he had chosen for her held them well. He wet his lips at the sight of the darker skin, the way the top carved out her waist so beautifully.

His eyes dropped to her pants as she turned, leaning forward to dig in her trunk. A groan climbed his throat. He could see the outline of the undergarments, the way it shaped her plump rear. Before he knew it, Nyx was dropping down onto the balcony, his sandals slapping the stone on impact. He tucked his wings and leaned against the stone wall, heavy eyes trailing Theia's body as she gasped and turned.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her pretty face twisting with anger. Fuck- he loved it when she looked at him like that. There was no history in that anger; no sorrow or trauma. It was just frustration, and she looked so beautiful.

"Bored," he croaked out, dropping his eyes to her neatly made bed. Theia brought her hands to her hips, and it took everything in Nyx not to bring his eyes to her breasts before meeting her gaze. One side of his lips quirked into a smirk.

"Are you drunk?"

"Why aren't you?" Nyx retorted, waving a hand to the selection of wine on a tray beside her door. Theia followed the movement, her eyes narrowing.

"I didn't know that was there," she murmured. Nyx grinned, pushing off from the wall and stalking to the table. He grabbed the corkscrew and began working the cork from the bottle, smelling it when the cork popped out. His eyes trailed her body, despite his attempts not to, as he brought the bottle to his lips. The alcohol wasn't as sweet as her skin, her lips.

"Hmm?" He hummed, sloshing the wine on his tongue before swallowing and holding the bottle to her. Theia dropped her hands and frowned, taking cautious steps forward. Nyx couldn't help his laugh. She looked like a frightened animal creeping her way towards him. She glared at him, his cock twitched.

Theia took the bottle and smelled the wine before bringing it to her lips. Nyx watched her mouth, remembering how it had felt on his. He clenched his jaw and shook his head slightly, trying to force the memory away. He didn't want her, he just wanted someone.

"Could you leave? I'm trying to find clothes meant for swimming. Elysen is taking me to the river with some of her friends," Theia murmured, setting the bottle down and turning her eyes back to the trunk. Nyx interest was peaked.

"Can I join you?" He asked in a breath, his eyes following hers to the trunk. He felt her look at him, but Nyx used every muscle to keep his head down. He wanted to swim. He wanted to feel the water. He wanted to see her-