26. Theia.

The ache never went away. Even how Elysen had Theia moaning and writhing in her bed, on the balcony, beneath the running water, Theia wasn't satisfied. She woke to the fluffy clouds and pink skies, stretching her arms. Theia turned in the bed, resting her chin on her fist as she stared at the sky.

She regretted not letting Nyx take her last night. Theia craved him, even if it was just the memory of what they once had, she wanted him. Elysen left before dawn, hurrying back to get ready for her work. Theia had wanted her so badly during the night, but when the sun began to rise, she was glad to see Elysen go. It didn't feel right. It felt like a distraction, which she had once wanted, but now her life was distraction enough. She was travelling, experiencing, learning. It was more than she'd ever hoped for.

The door to her room creaked open, a tray being sat on the table. Theia turned in her bed as the door shut, staring at the carafe holding the bitter drink she liked. Theia sat up, feeling the cool morning air dance across her bare skin. She had bathed when Elysen left and used the new blankets that were folded on the shelves beside the door, so she felt clean. Though, she didn't.

Theia felt like she'd somehow wronged herself, dimmed her soul. Was it the denial of Nyx? Would tasting his skin once more prove how wrong he was for her? The ache was still there, deep in her belly, untouched and not soothed. Wetting her lips, Theia climbed from the bed and walked to the tray, reaching to press the handle down. A thought made it's way into her mind, and Theia glanced down at her nude body.

Biting her lip, she went to the trunk and pulled out the white sheer undergarments. She pulled them on and searched for the open robe like Nyx wore. It was gold, but she didn't mind. Theia pulled it on, adjusting the front so it laid over her breasts, but still allowed visibility to her bare stomach and thighs. Sucking in a breath, and perhaps some bravery, Theia grabbed the tray and aimed for the balcony.

She hadn't known their rooms were connected, but Nyx had ran over to the balcony to change the night before. She stepped slow, bare feet on cold stone as she made her way to the dim room. It was silent, despite the sounds of water hitting the ground. Theia held her breath, realizing Nyx was bathing. As she entered the room, her eyes dropped to the bed. It was freshly made, clean sheets spread across it and blankets piled on the stone above. Her heart raced as she leveled the tray in her hands and stepped down and onto the mattress.

She sat, stretching out her legs and setting the tray beside herself. Only then did Theia press the handle down and pour the drink into a mug. She sipped it slowly, her eyes watching birds dance in the breeze. The water stopped running, fabric being moved, and footsteps. Her heart was racing and she held the mug with both hands to stop it from shaking. The footsteps stopped, and Theia turned her head to face Nyx.

He was standing in the doorway, a towel on his hips as he stared down at her. He looked so beautiful beneath the hue of the golden morning. His skin glistened with water droplets, his hair messy and damp, falling over his brows. Theia watched a water drop fall from his dark beard and roll down his chest, inching toward the towel.

"What are you doing?" He asked, voice low and gruff as though he'd just woken up. Theia motioned to the carafe, lifting her mug.

"Have you tasted this? I like it," she responded. His brows drew together and she nearly lost her breath. Was she this in need of pleasure, or had he somehow found a way into her heart and mind again? Nyx's jaw shifted as he walked to the trunk by the vanity and turned away from her. The towel dropped and she gasped, whipping her head back to the balcony. The ache deep within her was growing, burning, festering like a damned parasite that wouldn't leave her.

She heard his footsteps, and then the mattress dipped slightly. Her breath shook as she turned back to look at him. Nyx was sat on the other side of the tray, now in those loose pants, and looking everything like the male she'd crawl on burning stones for. She wanted to crawl now, fall to her knees and beg him for a taste- just a taste.