12. Theia.

Theia just wanted a distraction. It felt like that's all she wanted nowadays. It's the reason she took Nicholas up on his offer and why she was walking to his house. He lived on the edge of the camp, and Theia would have to pass Nyx's house to get there. She grimaced, pulling her cloak tighter as she made her way down the street. The dagger felt heavy in her pocket as her eyes lifted to the dark house. She wondered if Nyx was in bed; if she could slip into the house and end his life for good. She didn't want to deal with him anymore.

Her throat felt tight as she turned her head back down the street. Theia had snuck several glasses of the remainder of the wine stash in the tavern during her shift, so the wind wasn't as cold as she made her way to Nicholas's. She remembered how good it was once, when she shared him and Adonis. Though, she had been drunk that time as well.

Her boots kicked at the snow as she descended the hill, her eyes set on the house with the firelight in the windows. She was sure Adonis was going with Elena tonight, but perhaps he would surprise her and be with Nic.

She knocked after climbing onto the rickety porch. Her brows furrowed when she heard multiple voices, hazy eyes glancing to the covered window. The door opened, revealing a shirtless Nicholas. Theia forced a smile and stumbled into the entrance, which was the sitting room. Her smile dropped when Nyx was on the couch, leaned back and legs spread with a bottle of whiskey on his thigh. Adonis was beside him, though he stood as Theia came in.

"Look who's here," Nic cooed, brushing Theia's hair to the side as he stepped between her wings and pressed hot lips to the back of her neck. Her eyes didn't leave Nyx, and the dagger felt like lead in her cloak. That same dagger made a sickening thump against the floor when Adonis untied the cloak and let it drop from around her. Nyx's eyes flicked to the cloak, to the handle revealed beneath the pooling fabric.

"We invited Nyx over. Stopped by his house on the way here," Adonis cooed, his hand on Theia's throat as he tilted her chin up. His tongue ran along the curve of her neck, making a shudder run through her.

"Hope you don't mind. I know you don't," Nic spoke as he moved to her other side, his hand slipping beneath her shirt. Theia couldn't breathe. Her eyes were locked on Nyx, even when Nicholas's hand teased her breast and Adonis's teeth nipped at her throat. Her gaze was torn from Nyx when Nic took her chin and turned her head to face him, immediately taking her mouth with his.

"Come on, Nyx. She's good at sharing," Adonis chuckled. Theia's eyes squeezed shut when his hand moved to her pants, slipping beneath the fabric. She wanted it, she wanted them, but she didn't want Nyx to watch or partake.

Nicholas's tongue flattened hers. Theia couldn't speak, couldn't say she wanted Nyx gone. His mouth pulled away as he lifted her shirt higher. Adonis's hand had made it to her core, cupping her before running a finger along her heat. She shuddered, turning her head back to Nyx.

How it happened so quickly, Theia didn't know. She wanted to lose herself in the pleasure they offered, with Nicholas pulling her breast free and wrapping his lips around the peaked tip. Her leg shook when Adonis's finger circled her nerves, his tongue hot on her throat. What she didn't want was Nyx, and now he was standing. He was standing and walking forward.

"I don't want you," she tried to say, but only her lips formed the words. His eyes had already been watching her mouth, so he caught the words immediately.

"She doesn't want to," Nyx snarled, his eyes shooting to Theia's. Her stomach dropped. He misunderstood. She wanted to share these two males like she had before, to end the night calling out to the goddesses in pleasure and forgetting every horrible thing that has happened. The alcohol was just the start.