Ch. 2: Part Two

In the end, the only thing Anya could really do was go where the bus dropped her off in front of her building.

The driver takes care to make sure kids get off at the right stop. Even if Anya had considered getting off somewhere else, the driver wouldn't allow it without a signed notice anyway.

The bus pulled up to the curb where Yor waited. Her long black hair in it's usual style with the majority of it caught up in the back, with loose thick strands in the front.

A gentle smile graced her fine features, belying the deadly assassin that she was.

"Mama." Anya sniffled as she ran off the bus to cling onto the safety of Yor's leg.

"Anya? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" She asked worriedly as Anya cried, burying her face into her leg for a moment.

She hiccupped through her tears as she let go with one hand to rub at her runny nose.

Yor immediately picked her up and carried her inside, baffled. Once in the safety of Yor's arms, Anya calmed quickly.

"Anya, did something happen at school?" Yor gently pried as she entered the apartment.

Anya shook her head where it was buried in her neck. She couldn't tell her. Couldn't tell her she could still feel the lab agents waiting somewhere outside.

Yor sighed, at a loss. If she didn't tell her, how was she supposed to help? She sat her on the couch.

"How bout' some hot chocolate?" She knelt in front of her, holding her hands.

Anya wiped at her eyes again and nodded. Bond came to rest his furry head on her lap as Yor left to the kitchen.

Anya couldn't help but glance at the door. She was pretty sure they wouldn't come in here. And if they did, they wouldn't get far before being brought down by one of her parents and taken into custody.

She didn't think they'd give information away if they were interrogated, but it nagged, and nagged at the back of her head. Anya knew she should want the lab to be found. For everyone else to be freed. But if she said anything. . .

"You know a lab where kids are being experimented on?! How do know you this?! Are you one of them?!" Yor exclaimed.

Anya shuddered and sniffed, deciding that was a bad idea.

Instead turning to look out the window, seeing not a trace of those following her.

It bugged her so much she could sense so little from the agents. If they didn't have those devices she'd at least feel like she had a bit more control.

Anya's fingers clenched at bonds fur with these thoughts. Thinking thinking, thinking of anything she could do.

Yor came and placed a hot mug of cocoa in her daughters hands, and wrapped her's around Anya's.

"Are you scared of something?" Yor questioned, aware of the little nervous ticks she was showing. Uneasy glances. Fidgety fingers. A little shaky and tense.

Anya promptly relaxed her muscles. Her body was shaking slightly of its own accord. She didn't know if she could do anything about that. Just the idea that she might end up back there scared her more than she could say.

Yor let her hands slip from Anya's as she lifted the mug to her lips and took a long sip.

"If you're scared of something, you can tell me." She continued. "Maybe I can help."

Anya swallowed and shook her head. "Anya not scared." Her voice sounded convincing, she thought. It didn't matter.

"Why is she lying?" Yor thought sadly.