Ch. 14: Part Two

The door was flung open and Loid charged into the hangar, Yor right behind him. Anya still held onto him, not wanting to let go.

Loid had run after the director, tearing off without an explanation. Yor taking it in stride to follow him, still rather confused.

But the hangar was empty.

All the vehicles were taken and a couple of boxes were strewn about the area.

"What's going on?" Yor asked, noticing his fervent behaviour.

He growled in frustration. "He's gone. The director escaped."

He couldn't believe he'd let this happen! He was right there!

Loid thought, his anger directed at himself as well. His feelings were seemingly contagious as Anya felt Yor's attitude shift.

Something akin to when she attacked Loid.

Anger that anyone had the gall to create such an abominable institution. They deserved to die. She'd kill the director if she ever got her hands on him.

Loid turned back to her as she seethed inside, imagining the ways she'd rip out his innards. She was so consumed with her violent thoughts, she didn't immediately notice Loid's eyes go wide as the door to her back banged open. A pause before someone called out her name.

"YOR?!" Her little brother exclaimed.

"YURI?!" Yor spun around.

The SSS agent looked to the man standing behind his sister.

"LOIDY!!!!" Yuri thundered next as a finger pointed in angry accusation mixed with shock. The sound bounced off the expansive room.

"Unkie!"

"Chihuahua?!" Yuri gaped, trying to understand what was happening right now.

Loid and Yor didn't know how to respond either.

They all froze in place, waiting for someone else to move first. Say something first. Explain first. No one knew what to do.

Anya wondered if she should speak up, but she'd never been more entertained, despite the circumstances.

The siblings stared at each other, trying to decipher one another's motives. Breaking down what they knew about the person. What they could possibly be doing here.

That's when Yor noticed the binders and files in Yuri's hands. The fake ID badge around his neck. The get-up that the lab agents wore.

He had snuck in, she realized. This was planned out and carefully prepared. He knew what he was doing.

At the same time, Yuri was sizing up Yor and Loid. Yor's dress spotted with red. Loid, in an agents disguise like him. Anya, watching the three interact.

Yuri knew there were dead agents in the halls. Slit throats, wounds to vital organs and bleeding out. Yor couldn't possibly be a part of that could she?

"Uh. . ." Yor said eloquently. "Yuri. . ." She began to piece it together. "Are you- are you part of the SSS!?" Yor asked incredulous. It was the only thing that made sense. Why else would he be here? Did he get the SSS agents in? But wouldn't he have told her if he was? She began to doubt herself until Yuri's face turned deathly pale.

"Yuri!?" Yor exclaimed. 'Was he really SSS?!' How did she not know about this?!

He didn't answer. He had become a block of stone. The shock of what she just said. He was unable to even deny it, though he very much wanted to.