Chapter 6: Happy Birthday, It's your Birthday...

( The next morning... )

Nigel (waking up): But what is that noise? (he walked out of the bedroom and saw the DCFDTLs coming out of the bathroom with a jar on their hands) Oh hey, hello.

DCFDTL (coming out of the bathroom and seeing Nigel): Ah, Nigel Uno. You finally woke up.

Nigel: Yes, I slept like a baby that night... (he caught sight of the jar with their toenails) Oh, that's... (he finally thinks in his head) No, If I say that I recognize this jar, they will ask questions. (he replied while the DCFDTL looked at him questioningly) I mean... What are you wearing in that jar?

DCFDTL: Oh, that? We keep our toenails like a collection. It seems that's what continues to grow with us.

Nigel: And... Don't you think if other people see this, they'll think it's disgusting?!

DCFDTL: Maybe, but that's not the case for us. Let's say it's a kind of hobby. Now, please, get ready for breakfast. (they went to their room to change)

Nigel: Alright...?

(After Nigel gets ready for breakfast, he and the DCFDTLs are at the table)

Jenkins (putting the breakfast on the table): And there you have it. Enjoy your meal !

Nigel and DCFDTL: Thanks, Jenkins.

(Jenkins left and Nigel and the DCFDTLs ate)

DCFDTL (finishing eating): Nigel, we have a question for you.

Nigel: Uh... so what?

DCFDTL: What were you doing last night?

Nigel: I was... In the bedroom. Why ?

DCFDTL: During his visit, Father not only saw our cats and a broken vase in the long hallway, but also the sound of footsteps. Can you explain to us? (they hear a ringtone coming from Nigel which makes them more and more suspicious)

Nigel: Uh... Excuse me?! (He goes down the long hallway and activates his communicator) Yes?

Numbuh 362: Hey, Nigel!

Nigel: Hi, Rachel. So what news?

Numbuh 362: The famous codes we found in the vases were analyzed at the moon base and they are not normal security codes.

Nigel: How so?

DCFDTL: Nigel?!

Nigel (hearing the DCFDTLs coming): Rachel, we'll call back later. They begin to doubt something. See you later. (he deactivates his communicator)

DCFDTL (arriving): Now that you have finished your call, can you explain to us about last night?

Nigel: Last night the footsteps were because I heard the vase shatter and Father scolded the cats but then I went back to bed. For the call I just got, it's because we might be late for school, hehe.

DCFDTL ( initially suspicious ): ............ We see. In this case, we will prepare ourselves as soon as possible.

Nigel (seeing the DCFDTL go talk to Jenkins to clear the table): Sure.... (after they're far enough away, Nigel breathes a sigh of relief)

(Much later, they arrived at school after Jenkins dropped them off with the limo)

Hoagie (waiting for Nigel and the DCFDTL outside the school gate): There you are, finally.

Kuki: The bell has already rung for the start of class.

Nigel: Sorry guys, I got up later than I should. Abby's not with you?