Chapter 11: Hurting the puppeteer

(On the side of Numbuh 362 delightfulized)

Numbuh 362 (delightfulized, coming out of the cell): These Kids Next Door, they got me and they're going to pay for it!

DCFDTL (coming in front of her): Should we know that you failed to return the fugitives to their cells again?

Numbuh 362 (delightfulized): DCFDTL... What are you doing here?

DCFDTL: We activated and recalibrated the Delightfulization Chamber, gave the police a false indication because police cars were heading towards our house, but what we haven't done yet, however, is to punish a person delightfulized who found herself in a cell and who did not succeed in a simple task!

Numbuh 362 (delightfulized): But DCFDTL... they took the elevator to pick up the others. That means they're not far away. I will be able...

DCFDTL: No, we'll take care of them instead and we already have an idea for that. You are going to bring Nigel to the Delightfulization Chamber. He just approved our offer and we don't want any setbacks, is that clear? (they left)

Numbuh 362 (delightfulized): With pleasure, DCFDTL. (So she went to Nigel's cell)

(Monty's side)

Mrs. Uno: So?

Monty: Still nothing?

Mr. Lincoln: Sorry, Mr and Mrs Uno, but the police have just informed us that they found nothing.

Mrs. Lincoln: This is dérangeant ( annoying ) to all of us. However, we still told them, during l'interrogation ( the interrogation ), the last time we saw them and where our children were at the moment.

Betty: But what are we going to do now?

Genki: Like Monty said, if calling the police didn't help, we'll have to take care of our children's cases ourselves.

Lydia: I'm going to make dog food out of these DCFDTLs and once Tommy's saved, I'll only have four words to say to him.

Kani: Uh... Miss Lydia, it's Tommy who's with us.

Tommy: Do you realize, Mushi? Not only I will find my big brother but you will also be able to find your big sister!

Mushi (raising her arms to show she is happy): Agni.

Sid Beatles (entering the car with his wife): Go ahead, drive, honey. Direction, the house of these DCFDTL!

Mrs Beatles (starting the car and accelerating): Hold on, my little Wallabee, Mom and Dad are coming!

(Nigel's side)

Nigel (in his cell): What a shame! Now there is a chance that my life as a free child is over for good. (he heard a voice in his head and startled, he saw a vision of his father)

Monty (vision): Nigel... My son...

Nigel (surprised): Dad?! Am I dreaming?

Monty (vision): You have to overcome this, my son.

Nigel: What did you want me to do? The DCFDTL trapped us all and locked us up here... And they even threatened to hurt Abby and my other friends even more... Besides, they also took the flash that you gave me before I left the house. I don't see what I can do for; get out of here except accept their offer...

Monty (vision): If the flash was caught, then it's not far. You know that I have always loved you as you are even if now, you are much less present for me or your mother. Which comes down to now, Did you forget what your favorite hero said in one of his stories? What's it like when you think there's zero chance that you can find hope to get up and carry on?