Chapter 9: The first escapes

(On the side of Herbert and Numbuh 274, in the shuttle)

Herbert (seeing Numbuh 11 wake up): Numbuh 274, that's it! She wakes up !

Numbuh 274: Ah, Numbuh 11, how are you feeling?

Numbuh 11: It'll be fine, Numbuh 274. Thanks for the rescue. (she saw the shuttles holding the moon base with their claws from the shuttle) Still not found the backup system?

Numbuh 274: No, I still haven't received a response from Numbuh 100 or our pilot.

Pilot of one of the shuttles (calling through the communicator): Supreme Leader Numbuh 274, are you there?!

Numbuh 274 (answering the call): This is Numbuh 274. What's going on?

Pilot of one of the shuttles: We will not hold the moon base much longer. Has the backup system been found?

Numbuh 274: Not yet. Try to hold on as long as you can. We must not lose this moon base! (the call stopped)

Numbuh 11 (smirking): Supreme Leader, mmm?!

Herbert: You won the tag game, finally.

Numbuh 274: Yes, but right now we have more urgency.

(On the side of Numbuh 100 and the pilot)

Numbuh 100: So, pilot? Did you find the back-up system?

Pilot: Not yet, Numbuh 100.

Numbuh 100: Hurry up, then. The shuttles will no longer hold the moon base for very long.

Pilot: I'm doing my best. (he ends up finding an electrical box detached from any electrical system) Numbuh 100, I found it!

Numbuh 100: In that case, activate it!

Shuttle Pilot (seeing the lunar base regaining its energy): They succeeded! All the other shuttles, we can let go! (the clamps of the shuttles released the moon base and the fasteners of the moon base are put back in place to hold the latter)

Pilot: Back-up system operational, we made it!

Numbuh 100: Well, I'll send the message to our dear Supreme Leader.

(On the side of Numbuh 274)

Numbuh 274 (answering the call): Yes?

Numbuh 100: This is Numbuh 100. The backup system has been activated and the moon base is back in place. We can go there again without danger even if our technology will have to take time before becoming operational again.

Numbuh 274: Understood, Numbuh 100. I'll contact the others. (he called the pilots of the other vessels) To all the pilots of the vessels, the moon base can finally be entered without worries and we all find ourselves inside for the rest of the operations.

Other Pilots: Yes, Supreme Leader Numbuh 274!

(Meanwhile, on Nigel's side)

Numbuh 362 (Delightfulized, seeing Nigel trying to find a way out): You're wasting your energy for nothing, you know?

Nigel (searching in the cell): There must be a flaw somewhere...

Numbuh 362 (Delightfulized): The cell has no discernable flaws to hope for an escape. Anyway, you can always accept your cousins' request.

Nigel: I'm not in the mood for that, and also... If you were delightfulized like the other guests, then how come you behave any differently than them?

Numbuh 362 (Delightfulized): Maybe a shred of who I was before remained intact and resisted the neural suggestion ray a bit since I was near the exit door and the power of the ray would be less strong... Or maybe compared to the other guests, I'm not completely an empty shell and can be useful for DCFDTL.