Chapter 8: Tricky codes

(Long before the DCFDTL birthday party, in the moon base...)

Numbuh 11 (analyzing the codes found by Nigel and his group in the DCFDTL mansion): So here are those famous codes. Mmmmm, never seen codes like this but let's see what I can do.

??? (arriving): Excuse me... Are you Numbuh 11?

Numbuh 11 (turning to the newcomer): Yes? And you?

???: Herbert! My name is Herbert, sir! I was sent to the Global Command Room to complete my training to be a mission and operations manager.

Numbuh 11: In that case, Herbert, follow my instructions and pay attention to the screen.

Herbert: Affirmative, sir! So... What are these codes?

Numbuh 11: That's what I'm trying to find out. We just received them from Numbuh 362 as well as Numbuh 86 and the cadets in the DCFDTL mansion.

Herbert: The DCFDTLs? Never heard of them before.

Numbuh 11: Normal, they have become the most recent priority. At first glance, these codes are all different from each other so... (she heard a call from her communicator) Excuse me. (she activated her communicator in video mode) Numbuh 11 reporting, Supreme Leader Numbuh 100!

Numbuh 100: Numbuh 11, your attendance is requested at the KND Super Convention Center. We need you to define the limits of the tag game.

Numbuh 11: I would like to come but I have a member in training for the management of missions and operations with me and the codes have not yet been analyzed.

Numbuh 100: Then you know what mission to give him in the meantime. Hurry up ! (he cut off the call)

Numbuh 11: Alright, Herbert. As you heard, I have to go away. First mission I give you: Watch the screen where the codes are shown and let no one touch it, understand?

Herbert: Understood, Numbuh 11! (Numbuh 11 went away)

(Numbuh 11 therefore took a shuttle to go to the KND Super Convention Center. On the side of Numbuh 274)

Numbuh 274: So is there anything in the game rules that I don't know about?

Numbuh 74.239: For now, the tag game will mostly be in the dome.

Numbuh 71.562: Since this is the first game of this game in the KND Super Convention Center dome, we'll start with something simple for the boundaries of the game.

Numbuh 100: Best to stick to the center of the dome. Numbuh 275 and Numbuh 2x4, Is the dome's force field ready?

Numbuh 275: 100% operational, Supreme Leader!

Numbuh 2x4: This way, we can be sure that for this first part of the game, here, the participants cannot leave the dome.

Numbuh 100: Alright. (he sees a shuttle arrive) Ah, Numbuh 11 is here.

Numbuh 274: Finally...

( A few minutes later... )

Number 11: I'm here, what's the matter?

Numbuh 100: Numbuh 11, while waiting for your arrival, we have made decisions on how the tag game will go.

Numbuh 274: Only, something else would also be needed to prevent participants from exiting the dome during the game.

Numbuh 11: Let's see... (checks what's been done) Yeah, it can be done. The Force Field is operational, the limits of the game will be in the center of the dome... Just a little trick to suggest is to lock the entrances and exits of the center of the dome for the tag game.