Chapter 12: Rise of a team

( Outside... )

Sid Beatles (waking up with a hand on his head): Ouch, my head.

Mrs Beatles (idem): What happened?

Monty: Luckily all those kids were in front of the mansion and they told us everything. For a while, we all thought you were in a worse situation.

Mrs Uno: Next time try to avoid driving too fast.

Mr Lincoln: At least we know our eldest daughter is fine.

Mrs Lincoln: Are all these children friends of yours?

Numbuh 11: We can say that. We discovered in our research that the DCFDTL are holding my sister and her friends as well as the guests hostage and we know how we will be able to enter the mansion thanks to the intervention of our hamsters.

Genki: Are you sure what you're doing?

Numbuh 274: Don't worry, Miss Sanban. We're gonna get your daughter and her friends out of this place.

Betty: Well.... We'll leave it up to you... Since we don't have much choice...

Kani: Above all, be quick! Who knows what's happening to them right now.

(Abigail's side)

Wallabee (struggling): Get off me, you.... (he gets hit in the head by one of the delightfulized minions) Ouch!

Kuki: But Nigel... You're not going to let them delightfulize you, are you?

Hoagie: Yeah, we all broke free to go save you and the other guests.

Numbuh 86: You still aren't going to let us down after what we've all been through to come get you.

Nigel: I'm sorry, Fanny, but the choice is made. I don't want to see you suffer continuously.

Abigail: Nigel... (he turns to Abigail) Numbuh 5 is sorry. That's what I wanted to tell you at the birthday party before I got interrupted. I also believed that there was no hope and that we could not be saved but after our friends came to get me, I promised that... (Nigel is confused) Even if I won't be the leader of this new Sector V, the first and last thing I will do as such would be to save you in addition to the guests. Please, Nigel, (she forced herself not to sob) reassure us that everything we've done hasn't been in vain. (Nigel noticed that Abigail, even forcing herself not to cry or sob, dropped a tear that hit the ground)

DCFDTL: How touching. Too bad that this will probably be the last time you see your friend before he is perfected. Now it's time to say goodbye.

Nigel: Before delightfulizing me, DCFDTL, I would like to have one last request: I will finish off my old friends with one of their weapons personally. (this answer surprised his friends)

DCFDTL: What an interesting request. (they walked to the CASEHOLE and opened it) Let's see what's in this box. (they search and take the SPICER before walking over to Nigel and handing it to him) This should do the trick. Now... Do it!

Nigel: Game over, guys. (He pointed the weapon at his friends but they saw that the latter gave them a discreet little wink and turned his weapon towards the DCFDTL. By shooting them with the SPICER, he sent them against a wall)

Numbuh 362 (removing minion-like clothing and light blue dyed lenses and using the flash on two of the delightfulized minions before throwing it at Numbuh 86): Fanny and the others! Use the flash. This will neutralize the delightfulized minions and save the guests.

Numbuh 86 (taking the flash and using it on the delightfulized minions): Thank you but... How? How did you manage to carry out this ruse?

(flashback)