When it all began

A.N:This is my first time writing a fanfic so sorry if it's bad but hope you enjoy! (I do not own any of the fanart in this book)

Info:
Damian:16
Jon:13

Third person pov:
Crime wasn't going down in Gotham, to be honest, it never really did. Whenever a villain was taken down a new one would just appear. Superman and Batman decided that it would be best for Gotham and Metropolis if they introduced two new heroes.

Damian's POV:
What does he want me to do now? Father was making me meet him in the batcave immediately. I heard from Jason that apparently it's something to do with a Superboy and I, I guess I'll just have to find out.

I headed down to the batcave only to be greeted with my father, Superman and by the looks of it, someone standing behind him. I noticed Superman looking at the boy and gesturing that it was okay to step out next to him. As soon as he did, I noticed the 'S' on the boy's jacket so I just assumed he was Superman's youngest son. I've heard from conversation that he was a few years younger than me but he was a little taller than me, only by a few inches. Something that really stuck out to me was his beautiful ocean blue eyes.

Jon's POV:
Dad said that we had to go to the batcave for urgent needs or something? I don't really know what it is but he said that it had something to do with me so it's a mixture of feeling right now.

We arrived at the batcave and I was stood a few steps behind my dad. He gestured that it was alright for me to come forward. I did and I saw the most beautiful emerald green eyes I have ever seen look right at me. I looked at him a little more and realised that this must be Batman's son, I think his name was Damian? I knew that he was older than me but I didn't think I was taller than him! It was only by a few inches though.

Damian's POV:
"Damian, this is Jon Kent, also known as Superboy. You two will be patrolling with each other while me and Clark go with the Justice League and figure out what to do about the amount of crime in Gotham and now Metropolis. We are putting the safety of the cities in your hands, don't screw it up."
I don't know why but father glared at me with that last sentence.
"Don't worry father, we won't fail."
I glared over at Jon, only for a few seconds, and knew that we would need to train. A lot.