Anahita🌻

Intuition-:a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning

Intuition-:
a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

Something I have always believed in. I am known in my family as someone who has no decided path, who goes with the flow, and who is lucky enough to have made the correct decisions with it till now.
But following such decisions has its cons, like doubt and uncertainty from the people you love.
One such decision is Mumbai. I am a person who was wrapped in the safety and security of my family. There was always one or the other behind me to support me as I walk in fear that I'll fall.
They say I am innocent in this world. That monsters will come after me, that they trust me but not the world.
They want me to fly...fly as high as I can. They tell me I am made for greatness, but not for the battle scars which it will bring with it.
So much protection, so many doubts! Maybe that's why even after being selected for Delhi University, I declined and choose Mumbai.
I knew that Delhi will also be like Moradabad considering all my relatives there. I wanted to go far away, I wanted to fall, and for that I choose Mumbai.
Now sitting on the 2 hr 10 mins flight from Delhi to Mumbai, only one thought comes to my mind. Now it's time to be at the forefront of your battle.
Till now you have been a character in somebody else story but now it's your own. You are the protagonist.
There will be times when monsters will come to get you but now there will be you who fights them. For your morals, values, and yourself.
I was deep in my mind when Papa shook my hand.
" Oye!! Kya? Kaha Khoi hai? Waha pe Khoi mat rahna. Pata chala koi chor inka bag leke bhaag gaya aur madam apne khayalo main hai!"
"Yaar Papa!!! Khoi nahi thi soch rahi thi! Main akele kar toh paungi na?"
I don't know why I asked this to him. I never showed my uncertainties and nervousness to him, thinking that if he got to know, he will not let me go. But today I let myself be open.
"Hmmm! I will not say that it will be easy. I will not say that you got this. This will never be easy, you will surely fall, but falling does not mean that you failed. It means you have a chance... a chance to get up. I was never really on board with your decision to go this far away. I am a parent, I'll always think of ways to protect you. But I am proud that you are putting yourself out. That you are trying for something unknown. Now this shows braveness. So now that you have decided on it as you did in front of me.
That's my ever-so-motivational father. So honest, hardworking, and the only person for whom I want to do something.
It's true, that I put up a fight when Papa asked me to go to Delhi. My whole family did. But I had this feeling with Mumbai, it was attracting me to itself and I have always followed that.
So here I am 2 days before my first day of college going to step into a new world.
..................................................

So here I am 2 days before my first day of college going to step into a new world

Finally!!!!! Such a bloody long flight. Those two hours were hell with that kid's screaming, his mother was also looking so exhausted.
Anyway, this is my first time in Mumbai. I get it now why they call it the City of Dreams.
Especially as a history student, I always tend to connect. You would have been confused, why I said history? Because I am a humanities stream student. History was one of my 5 subjects and I quite liked it.
Anyways, the college campus was so beautiful, it had that feel....like of an old book.

So soothing! The hostel was also nice and well-maintained

So soothing! The hostel was also nice and well-maintained. My room was a shared one...and I hope my roommate is nice. The room is spacious and like any other hostel room.

Papa had to leave, and as soon as he did.....homesickness hit me.
Maybe Aisha felt it as our frequency now matches. I informed her of reaching out through message but didn't call her.
" Kya janab!!! Aagai aap?"
" Haan! Papa bhi abhi nikle airport ke liye. Now I miss him."
"It's okay!! Tu thoda araam kar le.....Madhav uncle aur mummy tujhe pick up karne aa rahe hai. Aaj ka dinner uncle ne tere liye special banaya hai...Fish fry and prawn curry."
Madhav Uncle.....Naina Aunty (Aisha's mother)'s best friend.....he helped them so much when they were shifting to Mumbai.
Aisha considers her like her father....more than her biological father. He is so good to her. As I listened to her talk, I too grew fond of him without meeting him. I did talk to him on a phone call one time.
Naina Aunty, Aisha's mother considers me her child. I get a very positive and soothing feeling from her. She is a brave lady and an even braver mother. I admire her so much.
The thing about the three of them is they are very welcoming. They always make me feel like a part of the family. With Aisha's constant bickering, taunts, jokes, and support... I find a sister. Aunty is very motherly and Madhav uncle feels like the kinda uncle everyone wants.
But the thing is whenever I talk to Uncle and Aunty. I feel the sparks flying....they are so good with each other. I and Aisha are always shipping them together. But they both are too stubborn to accept or deny anything.
Anyways, that is a very frustrating and long topic of two stubborn friends who are right for each other, everyone, even a clueless person like me sees it but they won't accept it.
So, we move on to my next favorite topic food...especially nonvegetation food.
I am a foodie and a hardcore non-vegetarian. Food is my way to express myself apart from dancing. And getting freshly made seafood my night is set.
" I didn't know I was invited?"
I asked, surprised by the development of my day.
" Wasn't it obvious enough? You coming to Mumbai and not dining with us on the first night would be shocking to anyone. If Mamma could, she would have cut my name from the property papers and added your name to it."
"Okay, till when he will be here?"
"Be ready by 5.30, and I hope you brought back Achaar from said."
"Yeah yeah, Aama sent a whole jar of it, don't worry."
"Think aaram kar...bye!"
" bye-bye Aisha!"
Now I can get some sleep!

...................................................................

As I reached Aisha's place, I am greeted by her attacking the bag which contained the achaar

Feel the love!!!! This little brat is going on and on in front of Uncle and Aunty about how I am a psychopath and need therapy.
I mean I know that threatening your friend to cut them into small 2 inches cubes is not normal behavior but in my defense, this idiot was not listening to me in an argument that only we can understand.
Forget it! Just as I was about to have her head, thankfully Uncle came with the delicacies of the evening.
I had fun with them, I think I can make a life here.
I think I can find myself in the city where people tend to forget who they are.
I think I will start to fall in love with
Mumbai.