Siddharth🌹

Tomorrow is a big step for many students

After the protection of family and school, the world opens the door to a new life.
Freedom, as they say, is the freedom to make questionable decisions, to fall in love, and to make mistakes.
But is that all? Is it what we want? Is life so little that we are happy with the freedom of making a decision?
I don't think so, it is so much more than this. College is not the beginning of making decisions, if it is then it is not right.
But we live in India, where kids don't have their own opinions on stuff which is concerning to them even.
Why I am talking about this is because tomorrow the college starts. So, to "celebrate" this my relatives were in for dinner and all they could talk about was the newfound freedom I and Adi will have.
I did not understand this, I mean maybe it was because Mama and Papa were busy that I made a maximum of my decisions. From what to wear to what to do in a situation of shoulder dislocation after playing cricket, everything I handled first.
So I am immune to this freedom. But many crave this but not me. I want that attention, that care, that feeling of protection, I hope one day someone will give this to me.
" Sid? Are you awake?", I heard Mama ask in a low tone.
" Yes, Ma!! You want something?"
" No no!!! Just wanted to sit with you. I can't believe that my son is going to college tomorrow. Baccha, main janti hoon ki tu sahi se rah sakta hai. I mean you have always been so responsible, so mature towards your life. We never had to think twice about the decisions you made. We are so so proud of you!!! And I know that you will again make us proud but now I also want you to live like a kid of your age. Go out, make friends, and just have fun."
She explained I knew she was happy. This was a talk that was left, and this made the first day of college, a happy one.
" I'll remember it, Mama. Thank you and don't take tension. This year would be a good one."
" It will be....now sleep, you have an early morning tomorrow. Good night!"
" Good night!"
Ahh! Now I can't wait for tomorrow.