08

The room was filled with the soft symphony of their breaths as both figures lay nestled in each other's embrace, lost in deep slumber.

Gradually, the subtle movements from the person in Jungkook's arms rouse him from his slumber.

He rubs his eyes, blinking away the remnants of sleep. As he tries to shift his other hand, he realizes it feels unusually heavy, almost as if it's trapped.

As he glanced down and in that instant, the memories of the previous night flooded back to him. He recalls the traces of dried tears stained Taehyung's cheeks from earlier tugged at his heartstrings.

He instinctively lifted his free hand to wipe them away, eliciting a soft response from Taehyung as he snuggled closer to Jungkook's shoulder, seeking comfort even in his sleep.

A soft smile graces Jungkook's lips as he lovingly tucked a strand of Taehyung's long hair behind his ear, his fingers continuing to gently stroke the strands with tenderness. 

Soon, Jungkook found himself drifting back into a peaceful slumber, the rhythmic motion of his hand lulling him back to sleep still holding him in his embrace.

However, around one and half an hour later, Taehyung began to stir, his body shifting as he gradually regained consciousness only to realize that his movement are restricted by their intertwined bodies.

His long eyelashes fluttered, and as his eyes slowly opens, he found himself captivated by the sight before him—an enchanting face just inches away from his own. 

Jungkook's arm remained securely wrapped around him, holding him tightly even in his sleep. Taehyung felt a mix of awe and warmth wash over him as he lay there.

Although he had the urge to get up, to free himself from the confines of the bed, but he couldn't bear to disturb his peaceful slumber. 

Instead, he chose to remain still, unable to tear his gaze away from the captivating sight before him, simply observing his peaceful slumber face.

With Jungkook by his side, Taehyung feels a sense of relief washing over him, as if all his burdens had been lifted and his chest was no longer constricted.

He musters the courage to raise his hand and delicately place it on Jungkook's face. His fingers  gentle traces the contours as he gazed at Jungkook, a flood of gratitude fills his heart. 

He couldn't express how thankful he was to have met him.

In his eyes, Jungkook is an guardian angel, sent by fate to rescue him from the depths of hell. If it weren't for Jungkook bringing him to this safe haven. 

Taehyung shuddered by only  imagining  the unimaginable fate that awaited him. 

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open as he feels the warmth of Tae's hand on his face and met his gaze with a soft smile. He reached out to stroke his head, his low voice is almost like a whisper when he asks,

"Are you feeling better now?"  And Taehyung responds with a series of nodding.

Jungkook reaches for his phone, checking the time. "It's almost 10. Have you had dinner yet?"  Taehyung shakes his head as his stomach reminding him of its emptiness.

Jungkook rose from the bed, gently pulling Taehyung up alongside him. He took a moment to run his fingers through his long hair, effortlessly taming the locks.

"Alright. Go wash up first, and then we'll have dinner together, okay?"

Taehyung blinks in surprise at his own actions, unsure of what came over him. However, He finds himself leaning forward, enveloping Jungkook in a tight embrace, catching him off guard.