39

•Chapter Thirty-Nine•

•Lane•

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of my door being knocked on, then the person proceeded to enter.

I rubbed my eyes open and was surprised to see my mom coming to sit on the bed next to my stomach.

I was glad I hadn't woken up to me hurrying to throw up, but I was also glad that if I did, I would know the reason why.

"Good morning, dear" My mom smiled as she wiped the hair off of my face.

"Good morning mom" I smiled and leaned into her hand. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah" She breathed out. "I just had this strange dream, I was wondering if you could tell me if it's true or not" She shrugged and I looked at her curiously as I sat up against my headboard.

"Okay" I nodded, feeling my nerves spiking.

"In my dream, you were... pregnant" She smiled and I gulped. "It was very sweet and I remember everybody just being so excited" She said and looked up to me.

"I was going to surprise you and dad, but I found out last night" I said, tears forming in both of our eyes as she embraced me in a hug. 

"You're pregnant?" She asked in disbelief and I nodded against her shoulder. "It sounds crazy" I laughed out.

"I'm going to be a grandmother" She cried. I backed away and stood up off of my bed to retrieve the tests.

She gasped as she took them into her hands and I smiled at the sight. "How far do you think you are?" She asked as she wiped her tears away.

"Maybe 6 weeks at the earliest" I shrugged and she nodded.

"When is Rafe supposed to be back? And are you surprising him right after? It is Rafe's right?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Of course it's Rafe's, mom. And he gets back today, I bought this onesie to surprise him with" I grinned and handed her the onesie, boots, and pacifier.

"He's going to be a great dad, and you're going to be the best mom ever" She placed a kiss on my cheek and I couldn't help but let a few tears spill.

"When are you going to tell your dad and Topper?" She questioned.

"Topper found out when I did, only because he's my best friend and he's the one that was here and got the tests for me. I was thinking of surprising dad soon after Rafe, and then everybody else after" I stated.

"I'll get your dad out of the house before Rafe gets here so you can surprise him" She said and I smiled.

"I love you, tell me about it when we get back, okay?" She asked and I nodded before hugging her and watching her leave.

I was still in shock with the whole thing, I thought it was a dream after I was abruptly woken up but I was thanking the Lord above that it wasn't.

The day had passed by quickly with me telling Topper about my mom finding out, and then talking with Rafe through the day and him telling me that he was on the ship back, and then my parents left a few minutes ago since Rafe was almost here.