Chapter 4

Charles, his disappointment palpable, urged Y/n to get up from the ground where he had been knocked down.

Charles: Y/n, get up!

Y/n, still dazed from the impact of the guitar, slowly regained consciousness. He looked up at his father, a mix of regret and sadness in his eyes.

Y/n: I'm sorry, Papa...

Charles, his frustration evident, quickly interrupted.

Charles: Do not make it worse by apologizing. A Sánchez man never apologizes, ever!

Great Grandma chimed in, her voice firm and unwavering.

Great Grandma: Ever.

Y/n's heart sank as he realized the depth of his father's disappointment. He mustered the courage to speak his truth.

Y/n: If bein' a bullfighter means taking di life of di bull, den mi can neva be a bullfighter.

Charles, his anger and disappointment boiling over, couldn't hide his frustration.

Charles: No, yuh no Sánchez.

With a heavy heart, Charles wheeled Great Grandma out of the arena, leaving behind a shattered dream and a disheartened bull. Even the bull, in a poignant moment of understanding, seemed to reflect the sadness that hung in the air before slowly walking away.

Unbeknownst to the Sánchez family, Xibalba and La Muerte observed the turn of events from their vantage point.

Xibalba, reveling in what he perceived as victory, let out a triumphant laugh.

Xibalba: Victory! (laughs) Dat likkle youth neva stood a chance, mi dear. It was a good game, doh.

La Muerte, her eyes gleaming with determination, saw beyond the immediate outcome.

La Muerte: It's not over.

Y/n, feeling the weight of his emotions, picked up his guitar and began to strum the familiar chords. The melodic notes filled the air as he poured his heart into the song.

Y/n: Oh, Maria. When you were here before... (his voice filled with longing) I could look you in the eye. (He sang with a mix of sadness and admiration) 🎶 You're just like an angel. Your skin makes me cry. But I'm a creep! I'm a weirdo. What am I doing here? I don't belong here. I don't belong...

Maria, watching from the stadium, felt a pang of sadness deep within her heart.

Maria: Ay, Y/n...

Joaquin, noticing Maria's reaction, called out to her with urgency in his voice.

Joaquin: Maria!

Maria, torn between her feelings for Y/n and the confusion within her, turned away and walked away from the arena, seeking solace in the distance.

Xibalba, puzzled by the turn of events, looked at La Muerte for an explanation.

Xibalba: What just happened?

La Muerte, her wisdom and understanding evident in her eyes, smiled gently as she stroked her chin.

La Muerte: You don't know women, my love. (She spoke with a knowing tone) Their hearts are complex and filled with desires that defy simple explanations. It seems Y/n's path and Maria's have taken an unexpected turn.

As Y/n continued walking, his eyes caught sight of an opening leading to a bustling wrestling arena. Intrigued by the intense action and the roar of the crowd, he couldn't resist the urge to explore this new spectacle. Making his way inside, he witnessed two formidable men engaged in a fierce wrestling match.