Chapter 5

While walking down the path, Maria was unexpectedly met by Joaquin, who held a box containing a ring inside.

Maria: Joaquin, what are you doing?

Joaquin: Maria, will you marry me? (gets down on one knee, presenting the ring)

Maria: Um...

Four girls: Yes!

Joaquin: Don't worry, your father has already given his approval.

Maria: (stuttering) He did what?

Ramiro: Who else could protect us from Chakal? (shows a poster of Chakal)

Ramiro then pushed Maria closer to Joaquin, pressuring her for an answer. However, before Maria could respond, Y/n entered the room with the Mariachi brothers, still a bit woozy from the impact of the fall.

Pepe: Uh-oh.

Pepe quickly retreated, and one of the four women even fainted from the sudden entrance.

Y/n: What did I miss?

Unsteadily, Y/n stumbled and bumped into Joaquin.

Joaquin: Hold on! Hold on! Did he propose too?

Maria: (laughs) No, were you going to?

Y/n: What?

Joaquin: Well, I proposed first, so maybe you should go fight a bull or something.

Reacting to Joaquin's comment, Y/n pushes him playfully.

Maria: You two are acting like fools!

Y/n: Well, count me in den. Mi guess mi ah her fool. An' mi wish mi could carry her to di bedroom arena, so mi could show her mi special moves.

Maria: (surprised) Wait, what?

Y/n: Just kidding! (chuckles nervously)

Soldier: You're so strong, Joaquin.

Joaquin: Thanks, I've been working out a lot. (To Y/n) I love you, you know that. (Puts his hand on Y/n's shoulder) But how are you going to protect Maria if you can't even handle a bull?

Mariachi brothers: Ay! Ooh!

Soldier: Good one, Joaquin.

Y/n: Oh, yeah? Well, let me tell you something. You'll never be as great a hero as your father. (Pauses for dramatic effect) In fact, you're nothing more than a soldier playing dress-up. And with that wooden sword of yours, I highly doubt you can satisfy Maria's desires. You're going to need a lot more than a baby carrot to please her. How do you like them apples, soldier boy? (Points at his face with a smirk)

Maria's face showed a mix of surprise and shock at Y/n's unexpected roasting.

Mariachis then chuckled at Y/n's remark, thoroughly enjoying the banter between him and Joaquin.

Soldier: Now that's just uncalled for.

Joaquin(slightly irritated): You better keep your finger out of my face.

Joaquin: You better keep your finger out of my face.

Y/n: Oh, mi wouldn't dream of pointing at yuh face, mi dear Joaquin. It's di otha sword of yuhrs dat mi ya refer to. Yuh know, di one weh Maria would surely be disappointed to encounter. (Delivers the scathing remark with a sly smile, suggesting that Joaquin lacks the physical attributes to satisfy Maria) Wid dat likkle sword of yuhrs, mi surprised Maria wouldn't burst out laugh if she eva laid eyes pon it. It's no wonda yuh so eager fi fight wid weapons—trying fi compensate fi something, weh we deh, eh?