What are mates?

' Let's go for a walk, shall we?...'

Grabbing my hand, Jasper said," Anything for you ma'am."With a small smile on my face I pulled him to and out of the door. When we were far enough out in the woods, I looked at him and asked, "Jasper, what are mates?" He looked at me with a love- filled look in his eye." Well Andreá, mates are a vampire's soul mate, instead of just being compatible, mates are made for each other, they're like two peas in a pod, the sun and moon and their love are like the stars in the night sky, beautiful, infinite and ever lasting. That is unless one of the mates doesn't accept the bond, tge other would be in immense pain, just like when mates are separated from each other... there is an intense pain felt by both mates. Mates belong to each other, mind... body... thoughts... and soul. They fit together like two puzzle pieces. Their love never dies, unless one of them does.

You are my mate, Andreá. You are the one person I want to spend the rest of my immortal life with, you are my other half, the half I couldn't live without, the half that makes me whole when they're around, the half that makes all negative thoughts fall away from me, the half that I will protect with my life, the half I would kill for... the half I would die for." Tears were spilling from my eyes at a rapid pace, I didn't know what to think. I mean of course I would like to spend the rest of my immortal life with him, I feel complete when he's around, it's almost as if he's the only thing I need to survive in life, the only person who makes me feel wanted, the only person I'd kill for... and the only person I've ever loved. I'm sure I look like an absolute mess right now but I don't care. The way Jasper spoke about ne makes me think he still sees me as beautiful. " Your silence is killing me darlin." He said breaking me from my thoughts. " Do you accept this bond we share, do you accept that we will spend the rest of our immortal lives together, never getting bored of one another?" I took a lot out of me to say these next few words, as he is the only person I've ever had me eyes on, the only person to whom I belong to, the only person I will ever love is Jasper.

" Yes Jasper, I accept that we're mates, I would love to spend the rest of our immortal lives together, never getting bored of one another... if you promise me you won't leave me like you left all those years ago!" He sent a smile toward me, bringing me into an almost bone- crushing hug saying, " I wouldn't even think about it!" Him confirming that he'll stay with me forever, that was all it took for me to be sobbing on his shoulder, crying like I had just lost someone very dear to me.

*Time skip brought to you by Jasper and Andreá's newly found love story*

Jasper

Andreá had asked if we could go on a walk for a while, I could feel the anxiety she was expressing. Though I still followed her, thinking she might not be happy about the mate thing. When we got out of hearing distance from the house, she stopped and asked me what mates were? If I didn't want to make her feel bad I'm sure I'd be laughing my ass off, I was worried she wouldn't accept me as her mate, meanwhile she didn't even know what mates were!

After explaining what mates were to her, I told he that she's my mate and confessed my feelings to her. She had mixed feelings, love, anxiousness, awe and many more. Her emotions hitting me like a bus, but in order to keep her from worrying I controlled how it showed on my face. Waiting for her answer, I could feel myself getting more and more anxious as the seconds passed, and finally she accepted our bond! I was so overjoyed that I could stop myself from embracing her in a bone- crushing hug. We sat in the forest til night fall just talking about us and what we would do in the future, how we're going to tell my family and so forth. The entire time we were talking I just listened to her and watched her expression and emotions change as she talked about things she loved and things she didn't.

" You truly are the best thing to have ever happened to me..."

Hey guys sorry for not making a chapter quicker, I was planning a gift for my dad and my boyfriend's dad as tmrw is father's day. So a special shoutout to the dads that have held their children when they cried, a special shoutout to those dads who made it their life goal to be in their children's lives. Short chapter.
Bye bye bunnies<33

856 words