04

Days past 

Yebin stayed at the hospital to recover, she didn't have any visitors for a while and she liked it better. Yebin planned on leaving the country after having the baby. 

She booked some tickets to go to the UK. She applied for a job there as well as looking for a house, school and more. She doesn't know how long she'll leave but she just wants to leave everyone behind.

9 months later

Yebin safely gave birth to a sweet baby girl. The doctor smiled and handed her over to Yebin, who bursted out crying after what she went through.

" Welcome, Yerin "

14 years later 

" Mother "

" Yes "

" How come I don't have a father? Is he in the sky? "

" Um..you do "

" I do? Then where is he? "

" He's with another girl now "

" Another girl? He cheated on you? "

" Something like that. He told me that I wasn't who I used to be and I think it's true "

" What do you mean? "

" Remember when I told you that you have 2 brothers and a sister, right? "

" Yeah "

" Well, I rarely showed up at their functions or events like I'm doing with you now "

" Really? What did you work as? "

" A personal assistant for your father "

Yerin nodded. Her mother had told her these stories when she was in her tummy, when she was little and up till now. Yerin never really questioned much why she didn't have a father because her mother kept nothing from her.

" Don't you miss father, mother? "

" I do. I love him and only him "

" Then why did you run away from him if that's how you feel? "

" It's complicated, dear. But to make it simple, his new wife is someone who I didn't really get along with back in school "

" You mean the teacher "

Yebin nodded, she spotted an ice cream truck from a far. She asked if her daughter wanted ice cream. Yerin nodded as Yebin walked to the truck and went to get ice cream.

Yerin waited for her mother on the bench. A phone rang and she glanced to see that it was her mother's phone.

She glanced over to look at the ID 'MR.CEO'. Who is this? Yerin wondered and was about to pick up the phone when her mother came back.

" I'm back with ice cream "

" Thank you, mother "

" Did you see my phone? "

" Huh? No... "

Yebin chuckled and handed her the phone. Yerin looked at her mother with a perplexed expression.

" I thought- "

" I did but thinking about, I decided to contact a friend from the company but I never said it was me "

" You mean? You lied to father? "

" Sort of "

" You wanna call your father? "

" Really? You'd let me? "

Yebin nodded and let her daughter take the phone. Yerin pressed the number and waited for the line to ring.