08

" Thank you, hyung. For this time, for everything. Without your help, I don't know what I'd do "

" Anything for my favourite bro. You good? How's Yebin? "

" Still in surgery "

" I see "

" Look, how about you head home for today? I'm sure Chowon noona is worried about you "

" Chowon? My wife? She's already here with me "

" Uh? "

" Keum Donghyun! "

" Oh. Hello, noona "

" It's okay. You can take this love attention puppy all you want. Without him, I can finally go to the toilet in peace "

" Hey! "

They all laughed, Donghyun looked at the surgery door. It was nearly 3 hours since they came to the surgery room and Yebin was taken in.

" I'm sure she's okay, Donghyun "

" I hope so, noona "

The doctors then walked out the surgery room and wanted to talk with Donghyun. The boy hung up and followed them to their office.

" So how's my wife? "

" She's good but I'd say that you should spend some time before she goes "

" What? I thought that it was removes. How come? "

" Mr. Keum. With all due respect, your wife already told us to remove it before but she didn't think much of it "

" You mean you removed it before and now it's back so you removed it again? "

" Yes "

" So what?! Is this going to grow back again? "

" Not at all. We couldn't find the source last time but we did today "

" Then? Why are you saying I should spend my last days with her? "

" Your wife asked to be put in a rehabilitation center right after "

" When? "

" The first time we removed it from her. She said that she didn't want to burden her family, kids and you "

" What? Why would she-? "

" I'm not sure but we suggest you go back and rest. We'll inform you when she wakes up "

" Thank you for saving my wife "

" You're welcome "

Donghyun walked out the office and sighed, thankfully all that was in her has been removed and now she can recover fully.

But his face darkened when he remembered that Yebin didn't want anyone to see her while in rehab.

He didn't know why she didn't want any company but he decided to respect that.

He hailed a cab and went home. As soon as he arrived, his kids engulfed him in a big hug.

Donghyun broke the news to everyone. They were so relieved to know that Yebin will recover fully but saddened at the last part.

" Isn't there anything we could do to change her mind? "

Mr. Kim offered but Donghyun said that he decided to respect her choice. Yerin begged her father to rethink it.

Tears streamed down her face. It ached him to see her like that but it was already a decision he made.

" I'm sorry, darling. I didn't get to respect her decisions then. I'm going to do them now "