10

" Hyung "

" Yeah "

" Shouldn't we check on, father? "

" Why? "

" He's our father "

" Also the reason we're like this, bro "

Yeri walked up from behind. She had her arms crossed and sighed at her brother.

" Fine, if you wanna go and check, be my guest "

Daehyeon pushed them aside and headed to the door. He knocked on it and slowly turned the knob.

Donghyun was sleeping, he was still wearing his work attire and hadn't moved an inch.

Daehyeon went to check on him while the other three just said 'See, he's fine'. Daehyeon wanted to think that too but a fine person wouldn't be pale and not breathing.

" Guys, father's not breathing "

" Oh come on "

Yeri patted her father's back to wake him up but the man was stiff and steady. They shook him but he was out cold.

They panicked and called the ambulance. They arrived minutes later and took them all to the hospital.

The four waited outside. Daehyeon scolded them and told them off. They were all just looking away but Yerin was clearly pissed off. 

" Oh shut it! I hate this! He's obviously faking it! "

" Really?! Would he be faking his own death now? Are you really hearing yourself now? "

" You don't even know how bad it's like with mother not being here! "

" I don't know? "

Yerin was quiet, she knew that she had pissed him off by what she said. She tried to reason with him but Daehyeon just looked away.

" Fine. I don't know. I don't know what it's like without mother. Sure, I don't know. Sure "

" Oh come on, you know I- "

" What? You what? That you don't mean it? Liar! "

" Stop it!! "

Yeri yelled at them, both were given time out. The girls sat at the left edge of the bench and the boys sat on the right edge of the bench. They were all silent until the doctor came. 

" Are you his kids? "

" Yes "

" Can the oldest one follow me? I have something to tell you "

Doil looked at Yeri and told her to go. Although he was the oldest but Yeri was better at these kinds of stuff than him. Plus, he might sleep through it since it was near to night already.

" I'll go with you, doc "

" Great "

" Noona, I'll come too "

" Sure, thanks little bro "

They sat in the doctor's office, he pulled up some scans of their father. It was perfectly clean and fine so they had no clue why their father was like that.

" Has your father been drinking lately? "

" No, he doesn't drink "

" Not at all "

" Yeah "

" I see, that explains the healthy liver so what could it be? "

" Do you know why our father was cold like that, doctor? "