05

At the airport

'The flight to Korea has arrived. Thank you for flying with us. I hope you come again'

The announcement over the speaker. Yerin squealed when she arrived in Korea. A week after her call with her father, Yebin decided to let her see her father physically.

Yerin was hesitant because her mother's condition was worsening and on top of that, she was leaving her alone.

" But mother, I can't leave you like this "

" It's okay, dear. I'll be fine. I have Ms. Yuri with me. It'll be fine, go and see your father. I know that you've been wanting to meet him all your 13 lives "

" But not without you "

" I'll come right after I get better, okay "

Yebin wiped the tears that dropped from her daughter's eyes. Yebin took out Yerin's phone from her bag.

" Make sure to call your father once you arrive, okay? "

" Okay. Get well soon, mother "

Yerin waited for her father at the lounge. She was listening to some songs, her favourite song was playing. Fight Song by Rachel, it was her mother's favourite song.

Her phone rang and the ID popped up. 'Father', she answered the number and looked left and right. She turned behind her to see a handsome tall man with a sweet smile.

" Hello, princess "

Yerin hung up and ran into her father's arms. Keum was surprised but hugged back. She had tears streaming down her face, she really wanted to meet her father.

" Hi, father "

" Let me introduce you to your siblings "

The three stood in a line. They smiled and greeted her warmly. Yerin hugged her brothers and sister.

"  안녕하세요, 내 이름은 금예린 "

" 인녕, 나는 금도일 "

" 나는 금예리. 우리가 쌍둥이야 "

" 나는 금대현 "

The siblings smiled and laughed. Donghyun looked around to find Yebin but she wasn't here.

" Yerin "

" Yes, father? "

" Where's Yebin? "

" Mother? She couldn't come because of some work stuff. She said she'll come when she's free "

" I see "

Donghyun's face darkened. He was worried, Yebin was now alone. Yerin reassured her father that Yebin was in good hands. Donghyun shook the negativity away and took them to dinner. 

Months passed as Yerin stayed with her father. Yebin had arranged everything for her stay in Korea. From school to classes and all sorts, Yebin had paid all the fees and only left the transportation to her ex husband. 

Meanwhile in London, Yebin had started working a day after Yerin's departure. Yuri asked her to stay in bed under Yerin's orders but Yebin reassured her friend that she was okay.

But to tell the truth, her condition was far from good. It was getting worst over time to the point the doctors already had her final day set for her. Gladly, she still had 2 years left with her family but if she continued to forget about her medication, it could become 3 months.

That's why Yebin always had her medication in her bag and never went anywhere without it. But she still missed her daughter. There were times when she would leave the office to pick up Yerin, only to remember that she was in Korea.

Yebin felt lonely at home. Yuri did stay with her but only on working days since Yebin works. Yebin was always thankful for Yuri's help and decided to pay her back but Yuri refused the money and continued helping without a single penny.

" Unnie, I can't just let you work without giving you money "

" It's okay, Yerin already explained your whole condition and I sincerely wanna help you. Plus you've helped me and my friends too. I'm much more in debt to you, Yebin "

" But- "

" Nuh uh. You go rest, the doctor says you can't be walking around too much. You could faint "

" I'll be okay. I ju- " 

Yebin's head went foggy and she fainted to the floor. Yuri panicked and immediately called the hospital. The ambulance drove fast to the hospital as Yuri held Yebin's hand tight, praying that she'll be okay.

Oh, what happened? I did everything right. She took her meds, she slept just on time and I even paid careful instructions to her food, what happened? 

In the hospital

Yuri waited for Yebin patiently outside her room. Her anxiety got to her so she called over a few friends. Yena, Eunbi and Chaeyeon waited with her, Yuri explained everything and worried that she might have not taken care of Yebin well.

" No, I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. Maybe she just got tired and passed out. That happens "

Yena tried to help but only added more anxiety to Yuri. Eunbi shot her a death glare and told her to shut up while Chaeyeon comforted her. 

The doctor came to the a while later and asked them to follow him to Yebin's room. The doctor explained that Yebin's condition was worsening and she might have less than a year to live in her current state. 

Yuri asked if she had anything that ruined her diet or medication but the doctor shook his head. He gave her a gentle smile and showed them a scan they took.

" As you can see, it's getting pretty out of hand at this point. We can give her medication to slow down the process but there isn't much we can do to save her anymore. I'd suggest she lives her last few moments with her family "

Yuri nodded and asked to be excused. Yuri called Yerin, she waited for the girl to answer the phone. Instead, she heard a familiar voice.

" Minju unnie?! "

" Ah, Yuri-ya? What's up? " 

" Where's Yerin? I need to tell her something "

" She's at school and her phone is with me because they're coming to their father's office after. Tell me, I'll give her the message "

" Well "

Yuri explained it and told Minju exactly what she should do. Minju didn't sound happy when she found out that Yebin's condition was worsening. She was Minju's favourite partner in the office. 

" Does Mr. Keum know? "

" You mean her ex? Nope, she didn't save his number "

" I see "

" Could you do that for me, unnie? "

" I'll try but it'll be hard to keep it from Yerin since she and Yebin are practically a like "

" That's why I'm worried "

Eunbi called to Yuri, Yebin had woken up and was looking for her. Yuri thanked Minju for the help and headed over to Yebin's room. 

" You good? " 

Yebin could only nod since she had no energy at that time. Yuri didn't realising she was crying until she felt Yebin wipe the tears off her face.