1. Let's Run it Back!

It was my third year in high school. The snow hitting down in our area nicely, wearing heavy clothing to withstand the cold as I made my way to my school from my home. Though this isn't gonna go how you think.

"Hey!" I heard the friendly shout from behind, looking back as I watch the short girl catch up to me, her short pink hair blowing through the wind as she caught up with me, playfully punching my arm as she lets out a smile. "Why didn't you wait?" She had asked, pouting. "We're already running late! Plus you we're taking your time. It was your hair was it? Por qué siempre llevas tanto tiempo con tu cabello? (Why do you always take so long with your hair?)" I chuckling while speaking, embarrassed as I found myself speaking in Spanish instinctively, as if I was talking to my little sister. "Was that spanglish?" She asked jokingly. "Spanish." I corrected, rolling me eyes playfully as we continue our walk to school. It was a fuzzy feeling, but every time I looked at her I couldn't help but feel a nice inside. My heart rate getting faster when I thought of her. We'd make our way to the entrance, quickly opening our lockers to get our class materials as we split for the day, saying bye to each other, we'd meet after school in the literature club, so it wasn't a big deal.